“cute hotel but ,,”

Hotel Murmuri Barcelona
Ranked #58 of 515 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed 20 April 2013

First I stayed in Murmuri hotel last summer august 2012,

The hotel was small and cute, the decoration is modern and clean
My husband and I booked a room that suppose to have a nice outdoors terrace with seating area, We booked this room specially for the terrace,

*when we sow the room they said its a " inside " terrace !!! and its not as same as the pictures in the website, So we payed more money than standerd room for extra chair thats NOT WORTH IT!

*second thing was that one of the staff entered the room " TWICE " while we were sleeping without even knocking the door !!

*Also closet was really small and there was no 24/7 room service, so hungry after 12 ? you got nothing to eat, besides network is really bad in rooms.

*Another problem we faced, that the water in the showers was really oily ! So i used pure water bottels to wash my hair.
*lastly we asked the hotel for grocery shop to grap some food after 12, and he said theres nothing open now, and we walked just 5 min from the hotel there was 2 !

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Besh A

Reviewed 17 April 2013

We were in Barcelona last month with our 2 young boys (7 & 9 yo) and had a 2 bedroom apartment at the Hotel. It was such a great location, roomy with a generous deck. The boys loved it. I can recommend it for families as it isnt too expensive either.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank FussyTravellerfromOz
Reviewed 13 April 2013

We recently spent 4 nights there and found the hotel well maintained,well run by well trained staff and well located. The staff were all outstanding in their knowledge and amazing helpfulness . We can confidently recommend it.

Room Tip: Worth the extra for a street view
1  Thank perlfam
Reviewed 13 April 2013

I can't disagree with other reviewers that this is a nice hotel in a relatively good spot near a metro station. What we really didn't expect was to be told that a wifi connection in the rooms was 12 euro for 24 hours per device. So to use 2 ipads for 3 days, you'd be paying 72 euro - a shocking price for a modern hotel in a modern city. And the price was not transparently indicated on the website either. It was also disappointing to find that breakfast was not included in the price we had paid. The staff are courteous and helpful and the rooms are comfortable and clean. Comfy bed too. This has taught me to look closer at the small print when booking. Travellers need wifi - I'm only now catching up with my reviewing! (There is no swimming pool that I'm aware of - I clicked on the rating for this by mistake but don't know how to remove it.)

2  Thank hjb50
Reviewed 12 April 2013

I have never written a review before but since tripadvisor had been so helpful in planning for my trip to Barcelona I felt compelled! The MurMuri was a fantastic little place right in the heart of L'Eixample district. It's a small and cozy boutique hotel. The front desk staff was fantastic in helping us buy tickets for tours, making reservations for us and recommending places to go. I felt as though they were genuinely anticipating our needs as we came down the elevator We enjoyed sitting in the bar in the evenings watching the world walk by, sipping a delicious sangria or cava. The room (407) was remarkably clean and comfortable-the bathroom was HUGE compared to the size of the room with an AWESOME rain head shower. A very thoughtful lighting system in the room, and an iPod dock/speaker were other nice touches. We ordered Cava and chocolate covered strawberries and it was delivered shortly after we arrived! We were given a choice of 3 rooms at check in, 2 with terraces looking over Rambla de Catalunya both with twin beds pushed together and a 3rd room with no terrace, in the back of the building with a large bed and a sitting area. Given that we’d just come from Tenerife with an amazing oceanfront view, we gladly chose the room with no view. It was a great room! Another nice touch that they offer, and it can be a bit more on the expensive side, was a private car service. We had a Mercedes sedan pick us up at the airport, Mikel our driver was there waiting for us when our plane arrived. We didn’t have to worry about fumbling for cabs, metro tickets etc in a new city. We arranged for his services for our trip back yesterday as well but had become familiar with the cabs and would have also felt comfortable using them.
Just some background that may help others who are unfamiliar with Barcelona, and I realize other people may be looking for something else entirely from a hotel. My husband and I wanted a small upscale hotel with English speaking service in a safe neighborhood. It reminds us, as others have said, of a Kimpton property in the US which we like very much. Barcelona is a safe city if you are aware of your surroundings. We wanted something a little quieter at night-but within walking distance of the “action”. I had made and subsequently cancelled 3 reservations at hotels that were also very highly recommended by tripadvisor but were right on the Ramblas, or in Barri Gotic. I was mostly afraid of late night with the noise and activity along the Ramblas. I realize that part of the Ramblas’ charm is the chaos- but that wasn’t what we were looking for this time around. The MurMuri was PERFECTLY situated on a beautiful tree lined street and only around 9 blocks to the top of the Ramblas. We preferred spending the days in the other neighborhoods, and then coming back to L’Eixample at night for dinner. It is also extremely convenient to the Metro-maybe 20 steps out the front door. Cabs are plentiful at a cab stand right outside the door of the hotel. Plenty of great tapas places and bakeries right outside the door as well.
This is NOT a hotel you would book if you want tons of amenities; however, I understand that they do have a larger property called the Majestic that’s only blocks away if you need a spa, more restaurant options, gym, and pool. We just wanted an upscale place to lay our heads (with plush linens of course) and a nice friendly bar-the rest we would find in and around Barcelona I am happy to share any additional information on where we ate, or things to do!! We would stay again in a HEARTBEAT and would recommend it highly to others looking for a similar hotel.

3  Thank Jennifer M
Reviewed 10 April 2013

was only in spain for 4 days but the girls at front at the murmuri where very friendly and always greeeted you. the hotel was very clean and the beds comfortable. draw back was only one american channel for tv but we were barely in room. walking distance to metro or taxi. a good spot to start walking and explore . nice little bakery around the corner

Room Tip: if you want a balcony seems like the double bed rooms had them , but looked like you could push them...
Reviewed 9 April 2013

This hotel was a very nice experience. The service was friendly both in the reception and the restaurants. Our room was on first floor towards the back street, we didn't hear anything from the street during night (and I'm a light sleeper). It's a calmer part of the city, but that was perfect for us. It took about 15 minutes to walk down to the busiest parts.The room was very nicely furbished, the bathroom was a good size with good amenities. It was very clean throughout the visit (we even noticed that the cleaning lady vaccumed behind the bed, which I appreciated a lot). The breakfast buffet is quite small, but good quality. There are sunbeds at the roof, but we never had time to spend time there. My only minus (but this is a big one) is that the wifi only allows for one device at a time and the so called free wifi in the lobby only allows for surfing (you can't use the email app in your phone for instance).

Room Tip: Rooms towards the back-street are very quiet. The AC might need to be switched on from reception if...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple