“Top notch dining - "casual classy" ambiance”
Review of Bar Mut

Bar Mut
Ranked #861 of 9,588 Restaurants in Barcelona
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Gracia
Toronto, Canada
“Top notch dining - "casual classy" ambiance”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I was at Bar Mut a few years ago at the recommendation of some foodies I was traveling with. It was fantastic then and just as great now.

It's actually quite a casual environment where the waiters don't take themselves too seriously and are really helpful when it comes to what to eat. The only thing to remember is that the menu is quite limited to what the chef is preparing that day but I encourage you to trust the sensibilities and palate of the chef.

You won't be disappointed!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“delicious and open really late”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

We arrived hungry at 11:00pm at Bar Mut and it did not disappoint us.This tiny gem of a restaurant was recommended by a local and it was superb. We had amazing clams, mussels, salads, dessert and everything in between, all at a lovely outdoor table with excellent service. Our waiter explained everything in English and helped us make selections. The meal was expensive, but we felt that it was worth every penny.The restaurant is located in a quiet residential neighborhood not far La Pedrera.

• Visited September 2013
“Good food, but beware of verbal menu with no prices”
Reviewed 19 October 2013

There is no written menu and had to go by the verbal. We enjoyed our meal, but felt pretty much robbed when we got the bill. We ordered clams, but when I realized that I did not specify which type after ordering (I spotted both razor clams and regular ones in the glass case), I pulled the server aside and asked what type he put in for our order. He said the regular ones, but there were also cockles. I said oh, I would have liked to have ordered the cockles had I known and he said, why don't you get both, they are small portions. I didn't know how much this would cost, but thought that with a small portion and the other prices on the chalkboard seeming to be in the teens, it would be something reasonable. We got the bill for 28 and 18 Euros for 2 small portions of clams, which is like $70 US dollars. I could not believe it. I felt like the menu being verbal and him suggesting getting both, it would not be that much, making our overall bill much higher than anticipated. I'm willing to pay for good food, but $70 for 2 portions of small clams is just ridiculous and I would not have ordered both clams had I known. The food was good, but the clams weren't worth that and I don't appreciate their system of non-disclosure. When I asked about it, the server responded that "this is the normal price for clams" which I don't know is true or not, but I think not having prices is awkward - you don't want to ask, but you expect something within reason.

3 Thank sunshine490
London, United Kingdom
“A written menu is needed”
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Great food and atmosphere.very fresh fish and good service. The negative point is that there is no written menu in English so you don't really know what you ate and how much the plates were until you get the bill. I would suggest to add an English menu with proces.

• Visited October 2013
“Very good food with the most friendly service”
Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

Very good food and nice staff. Dont miss the french toast for desert.a bit expensive but the food was fresh and good