“Nice atmosphere and a la carte, menu less so”

Restaurante El Rebost de la Plana
Ranked #2,558 of 9,704 Restaurants in Barcelona
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Gracia
barcelona
“Nice atmosphere and a la carte, menu less so”
Reviewed 16 September 2012

Yesterday I had lunch with a group of colleagues celebrating a retirement...so 10 happy people on a lovely Sept afternoon. 7 of us ordered the 15Euro menu, and others a la carte. Atmosphere both inside (cozy, light, full of lamps and art) and outside (umbrellas on a private terrace) lovely!..the best part, actually. In my menu, I ordered "canelons" and it was heavy, tasty. The main, "ossobuco," however, seemed of inferor quality, very fatty and a gravy that seemes very artificial, unhappy with that. some had dessert, others coffee. A la carte items MUCH pricier but looked and (collegaues said) tasted good. Service was largely correct, though one of the three was a bit haughty. Wine is unevenly priced (some marked up 2x, others 4x.) In short, a pleasant but uneven experience. To return, I would go a la carte only.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank geishagourmet

Barcelona, Spain
“People!!! What are you WRITING here? I came, because of your reviews and I it was SO NOT good!! and expensive!! (but the terrace”
Reviewed 11 July 2012 via mobile

I went here because of the goods reviews here. And: I'm sorry I came...there are so many lovely places in barcelona where you can eat cheaper and better! Maybe the reviewers didn't know much?

And: I'm not poor, but in my opinion it is quite expensive here! Aniway... here are my experiences:

Pro:
1) terrasse in backyard (not the takes in front of the door) absolutely lovely.best I saw in barcelona!
2) white house wine: good taste, good price (glass 2:75)
3) waiters are really kind & caring (not normal in barcelona)

____________________

Contra:
1) there are just a few tapas available, all quite expensive

2) i ordered grilled chicken.
The waiter said it needs half an hour, so I should better take something before.I did (catalan bread worth tomatoe) it was NOT GOOD (just tasteless, but only 1,50€)

3) my chickenbrest came (~8 euro)
It was bit much oily but tasted ok. But there was nearly no meaty on it!!!!!
And: It cames with just wobbly, tasteless potatoes, overcooked, not good! Such a pitty!

really, I was at least so exhausted/ annoyed...(don't know the right word in english)

4) snobby people here. And no music at terrace, so there are just kitchen sounds...

Ok, I gave this place a try, but I will not come back at all.
And: I will take better care of the reviews here...there should net more people who write something so that at least a realistic picture can come up

-> People: take another restaurant.barcelona offers so many better places)

2 Thank retsec12345
Amsterdam
“Great Place”
Reviewed 14 June 2012

We had a "Menu del dia" here for €10,70 The food was great, same as the service and the interior of the restaurant. Also the location is perfect, at the lovely Plaza de Trilla bordering the Gran de Gracia.
It's easy reachable with the metro (L3, Fontana) so for people willing to explore Gracia it's a great start.
We will be back, next year......

• Visited June 2012
Bangor ME
“Wonderful restaurant”
Reviewed 22 April 2012

We dined twice at El Rebost de la Plana while staying in Barcelona and enjoyed our meal each time. I don't particularly care for cod, but their presentation of codfish, especially with white beans, was among the most tasty dishes that we encountered. The service was top-notch and the surroundings attractive, making for an enjoyable experience each time.

• Visited April 2012
2 Thank Ghost
Arinsal, Andorra
“Intimate and romantic restaurant with excellent local cuisine.”
Reviewed 14 January 2012

This is one of the best kept secrets in Barcelona. This small restaurant serves excellent traditional Spanish and Catalan cuisine. The decor is intimate and romantic...the inside looks like someone's home, with small rooms that are connected. There is also a small outdoor patio dining area. The service is superb an the prices are upper mid-range: 18-20 euros for entree. Try the Garlic Roasted Rabbit...it is to die for. Great wine selection with reasonable prices.

• Visited November 2011