“RUDE, unhelpful waiter”

Restaurante El Reloj
Ranked #1,063 of 9,594 Restaurants in Barcelona
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Barrio Gotico (Barri Gotic)
Hamilton, Scotland
“RUDE, unhelpful waiter”
Reviewed 10 July 2013

On a Wednesday afternoon, plenty of tables outside to choose from, my wife and I sat down and tried to order coffee and a cooling drink. The waiter told us to LEAVE as we were not ordering food!
Definitely not recommended.

• Turkish first
Oxnard, California
“Great food & service”
Reviewed 20 June 2013

There was six of us who had dinner at El Reloj. We all ordered something different so we could each taste the variety of food they offered. We had their Arroz con Pollo, Risoto a los Quesos, Pollo Brasa, Bistec Ternera (Steak) Choricitos Gallegos, Racion Pan Tomate, Ensalada Queso Cabra, Alcachofas Laminadas, Calamares Romana, Copa Doppio Chocolate, Wine and Sangria. All the food was excellent and the service was great. Our waitress, I don't recall her name, however we nicknamed her "Tremenda". The olives here they provided were excellent tasting. When we return to Barcelona we would definitely eat here again. The restaurant was just a few blocks from where we stayed. The after dinner drink they provided (at no cost) "Licor de Hierbas" was excellent. The total bill w/o tip was 149 euros for all six of us.

• Visited May 2013
Berlin, Germany
“Dangerous tourist trap”
Reviewed 2 August 2012

I have been at the tapas bar today with 4 friends. I ordered one bottle of red house wine (vino de la case), and the waiter opened 2 and served them. I told him I only ordered one bottle, and he replied fiercely, that one bottle is not enough for 5 people... Then we had tapas. The waiter served calamares, which we did not order. When I told him that I did not order calamares, he asked me "Shall I take them away from you?" and he grabbed them with a fierce smile. The bill: instead of house wine (vino de la case) I had to pay vino crianza, which is 3 Euro more expensive. I paid and will NEVER go there again!

• Visited August 2012
5 Thank Jerome41
Rome, Italy
“It's a palce you can't miss...”
Reviewed 13 July 2012

This restaurant is a place you can't miss if you want to join the atmosphere of the city centre of Barcellona! Upon arrival at our apartment very close to "plaza de cataluna" and " la gran via", the owner told us that this was one main and tipical restaurant and bar in the area. It was an easy walking for us to reach the restaurant, just a few minutes.
We enjoyed this crowded place where people socialize after work. The staff was friendly and professional. We had paella, tortillas, and local beer (Estrella Damm) and found the prices cheap.

• Visited September 2011
Bridgnorth, United Kingdom
“Excellent Paella”
Reviewed 15 April 2012

The Gloria (El Reloj) is a great Spanish restaurant in the heart of Barcelona with great offers, such as meals for 2 with a litre of sangria per person for €15. My recommendation is the Paella (€ 15 per person with starters, a desert and 1 litre of sangria). I have had some good Paella in my time but I firmly believe that this was the best. Staff are friendly and it is situated just next to Gaudi's cathedral.

• Visited April 2012