“Don't miss lamb cus cus”

Restaurante Xix Kebab
Ranked #943 of 11,030 Restaurants in Barcelona
Price range: US$17 - US$29
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Eixample
Description: En el Xix Kebab, uno de los restaurantes arabes mas antiguos de Barcelona, podras disfrutar de la autentica cocina arabe. Ubicado en el centrico barrio de l'Eixample. Siguenos en Facebook!
Reviewed 5 January 2018 via mobile

A tiny but kind family run restaurant. Quiet and relaxing place, with sirian decoration and music. Nice atmosphere and very tasty food. Don't miss the lamb cus cus and the hummus! Unexpensive.

Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

I've had my fair share of Middle Eastern mangal dishes, but it's difficult to find an authentic restaurant outside the charcoal grill style.

I had the lamb cooked in yoghurt, with a side of Muhammra. To be honest it didn't set my world on fire, but don't take that as a bad thing. It was executed really well, and I felt like I'd been enlightened in proper Lebanese home cooking. And to be honest that's what I was seeking. A quick mint tea then I was on my way.

Definitely worth a visit if you want to explore this amazing cuisine.

Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

I am from Syria and I have never had food that tastes as original as it does here ever away from Syria!!
A bit pricey, but for the experience it is worth it!

Reviewed 16 October 2016 via mobile

I was fancying some hummus and I was not disappointed!
The portion was good and the presentation very nice.
Somewhat foolishly I ordered my main course at the same time and wished I hadn't as it turned out to be too much food. I wished I'd either not ordered a main course or perhaps just had another small starter.
Anyway the food was great and the atmosphere and decor very pleasant.
This restaurant is a little out of the way but I'd say it's worth the 10-15 walk from the Ramblas, if only to try something a bit different.

Reviewed 21 September 2016

The owner of this restaurant is Syrian, from Aleppo, so when you order food here, you're getting the most authentic version possible.

The mezze at Xix Kebab is fantastic: delicious olives, hummus with just enough lemon to give it a nice tang. My favorite starter has to be the babaganoush. An extremely tasty dish which I never had before was a puree of pomegranate and roasted bell pepper -- amazing with pita! Lastly, the kubbeh here are as good as you'll have at the house of a Syrian friend. Perfectly seasoned minced beef, and the bulgur is fried to perfection. All of it is an unbelievable taste!

The brochetes of chicken and lamb are both outstanding and seasoned delicately to perfection. You really can't go wrong, but it will be hard to have room for the main course after such incredible mezze!