Equity Point Girona Hostel
  • Pool
Hotel Ultonia Girona(Girona)
Hotel Europa(Girona)
  • Bar/Lounge
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 August 2013 via mobile

I can not really fault this place. They are a hostel who are doing it right and have the small things covered off.

The reception staff are helpful and friendly and it's not forced like other places. I also have to mention the cleaning staff and one particular female cleaner who was just so happy and friendly and willing to help. She didn't look grumpy like most hostel cleaners and did a great job. These small things make such a difference.

The rooftop balcony is awesome ! On our last night they had a live DJ so you could chill out and listen to them.

We loved our stay in Girona and it's such a great base to explore the surrounding region. Our favourite place in Spain and would definately go back !!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 30 July 2013

When you leave the train station, ask where you're going to help save you some grief in finding the place (or people who speak English). The atmosphere is wonderful, breakfast is very good, everyone is very positive, and the staff were some of the most helpful I have ever seen at hostels. (Note that is an eager helpfulness not grouchy, mandatory assistance.) I stayed in a 6 person room and didn't feel crowded, the bathrooms were nice, and they have an extra lounge area on the top floor, as well as a rooftop to enjoy life, drinks, and the view. Girona is a great place to stay, and Equity Point is nearby the cafes, shops, river, wall, cathedrals, etc. I would definitely recommend staying here on your trip to Spain!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 July 2013

The staff were so great there. They helped my daughter and I come up with answers to every question that we had. The rooms were basic and pretty much what I expected. The only downside was that after leaving there my daughter and I somehow developed contact dermatitis on the arms, legs, and stomach. It may have been the detergent used on the sheets, which were clean and fresh issued, or something served for breakfast. I am just glad that I didn't have the baby with me.

Room Tip: Just take any room but bring a sleeping bag of your own.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 June 2013

I don't really like to stay in hostels anymore ... but this place was great. I think it offers exceptional value for money. It was very clean, both in the room and in the public areas. Everything works! The shower had steady hot water and good water pressure ( I was on the third floor). The fridges in the communal reception area supplied drink cans that were actually cold. The free wifi was both functional and fast. I didn't have a chance to use the open terrace on the fourth floor but the YouTube video confirms what I found out ... the hostel has the most perfect views of medieval Girona across the river. It's a perfect place to explore the Call and the amazing atmospheric backstreets leading to the Cathedral. For anybody obsessed with ice cream (I know you're out there somewhere) there are about 6-8 great gelaterias within ten minutes walk of the hostel on both sides of the river. The atmosphere around the hostel is unlike that to be found in Chueca or the noisier parts of Barcelona. The restaurants and bars serve great food and you will actually manage to sleep without all-night screaming and shouting from the street. Did I mention the charming staff? The reception staff could not be more charming, helpful and patient. They printed out my travel tickets without protest and at no cost. The current "best restaurant in the world" El Celler De Can Roca is about twenty minutes walk away from the hostel. If you stay here at Equity Point ... you'll be able to afford it. Only trouble is you'll have to wait a year from booking to eating.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 May 2013 via mobile

Stayed in 6 bed dorm which was REALLY dim as room didn't have a light. No tables or flat surfaces to serve as night stands and insufficient hooks for hanging. Breakfast was quite decent and staff were friendly.

• Stayed: April 2013