“Great hostel ”

Equity Point Girona Hostel
Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed here just one night and wish I could have stayed longer! Great location in the city centre, awesome friendly staff, a decent breakfast which is included in the price. Rooms are on the smaller side but I don't think this is a problem. Also Gerona is an awesome city and I can definitely recommend it!!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 14 January 2014

I stayed here during the summer, but I'm just getting to my reviews now. I definitely recommend this place, especially as a solo traveler. There were loads of places to talk and meet other people, including a bar and terrace. The location could not have been better - right in the middle of the city. I stayed in a dorm that had it's own (very clean) bathroom, and each bed had an electrical outlet. I'm not sure if all the rooms are like this.

The only problem I had with the entire hostel was that the kitchen was so small, there was a line to even open the fridge. I ended up eating out for all my meals, and absolutely loved Girona. However, if you plan on cooking every meal, this hostel might not be for you.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 October 2013

very nice atmosphere and most of the staff is friendly, cool bathrooms and nice view/terrace, wifi is free, but towels and stuff like that cost around 5 euros, not cool.
anyhow great place and fairly priced, at the center

Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Al C
Reviewed 10 October 2013 via mobile

would massively recommend this hostel for anyone going to girona!
location is absolutely perfect for this city!! right near the river and seconds away from shopping, food, cathedral etc!
staff at equity are soo lovely and welcoming! rooms are very clean and comfortable, we stayed in a dorm first night and private en suite for 2nd n 3rd! had everything we needed!
roof terrace is also a fantastic addition to the hostel, lovely sun and views across the river and city!

will definately be returning to girona again and will definately be staying here!!

can also recommend Antiga Sora Bellasora bakery on the corner! amazing chicken buns and pastrys!!

the city is to die for!!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Nice hostel in Girona's old town in walking distance to all important sights including train station and bus station. The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was basic but clean, we had our own bathroom which was okay. Breakfast was included even so it was nothing special just toast, jam, cereals, coffee and juice. The hostel has a lovely terrace on the roof and even its own bar which we unfortunately didn't use. Furthermore, it provides wifi and computers. We stayed just for one night but we would come again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2013 via mobile

I can not really fault this place. They are a hostel who are doing it right and have the small things covered off.

The reception staff are helpful and friendly and it's not forced like other places. I also have to mention the cleaning staff and one particular female cleaner who was just so happy and friendly and willing to help. She didn't look grumpy like most hostel cleaners and did a great job. These small things make such a difference.

The rooftop balcony is awesome ! On our last night they had a live DJ so you could chill out and listen to them.

We loved our stay in Girona and it's such a great base to explore the surrounding region. Our favourite place in Spain and would definately go back !!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 30 July 2013

When you leave the train station, ask where you're going to help save you some grief in finding the place (or people who speak English). The atmosphere is wonderful, breakfast is very good, everyone is very positive, and the staff were some of the most helpful I have ever seen at hostels. (Note that is an eager helpfulness not grouchy, mandatory assistance.) I stayed in a 6 person room and didn't feel crowded, the bathrooms were nice, and they have an extra lounge area on the top floor, as well as a rooftop to enjoy life, drinks, and the view. Girona is a great place to stay, and Equity Point is nearby the cafes, shops, river, wall, cathedrals, etc. I would definitely recommend staying here on your trip to Spain!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo