“Perfect single trail tracks”

Creative Catalonia - Bike Holidays Girona Spain
More attraction details
Owner description: Creative Catalonia offers bike holidays and walking holidays as well as Private Guided day trips with bike hire in the Girona area that are created just for you, doing exactly what you want to do, when you want to do it, please contact Daniel and Lucy. Only 25 minutes from Girona city and Girona airport and just over an hour from Barcelona, all of the best rides and walks are right on their doorstep.
Reviewed 26 October 2014 via mobile

We had a really great weekend with Daniel & Lucy. Perfect single trail tracks with good mtb bikes and beatifully environment.

All reviews
"mountain biking"
in 5 reviews
"two nights"

Reviewed 24 October 2014

I agree with all these comments, so here are some specifics that might help when exploring bike trips. We went through an online “broker” and never got on Creative Catalonia’s site. As great as our trip was, if I had grasped how flexible Lucy and Daniel are (duh, that’s their whole thing!) I might have structured our week a little differently.

But before I go any farther, do this! These are smart, dedicated and kind people who set you up with everything you need and stay tuned, solving any little problem you might have. (Even dumb stuff like laundry.) Our week was the most enjoyable part of a month of being tourists in Ireland and Spain. Being out in the country was heavenly, getting exercise, way nicer hotels, and then a couple days when all the demands of travel melted away, and we were lying on beach towels on the Costa Brava... Like a really good movie, I don’t even want to tell you any more.

How fit do you need to be? My husband and I are 61. We’ve biked recreationally for a long time. We have light road bikes at home. A 12-mile ride is a good basic workout for us. A 30-mile day with hills is something we take half a day to do, always with a few stops and a meal. (For me, a good challenge.) Our Catalonia bike days were 24 miles or less on mostly flat terrain. These did end up being full days, though, and I was good and tired by the end. The bikes are heavier (not to mention the croissants) and you’re off-road a lot. And you have to stop to navigate, like, frequently. But I loved it, the routes were amazing, and the bikes were great. Awesome shocks! I’m 5’3” and mine was a good fit – no issues.

What was an issue was navigation. They provide you with everything you need, but it’s complicated. And navigation involves negotiation. When you’re both cheerful, nobody’s hungry, and you embrace the challenge like a scavenger hunt, it’s a lot of fun. But you need to stay focused the whole time. There were not many stretches where you could just cruise, and sometimes that wore on us.

If we do this again – and I hope to – I’d consider having Lucy or Daniel guide us one or two of the days. Plus I was ready for some connection to others by this point in our travels, and was surprised how much I appreciated (and wanted more of) their knowledge of the region…culture, food, history. They are expats but clearly part of the community, so they’re a great cultural bridge. Anyway, I would encourage you to take them up on their offer to make this exactly what you want.

But we were all about freedom and independence, and that we had. And there was lots of flexibility: ways to take shortcuts, days you can hike instead of bike, etc. (Do not miss the botanical gardens!) A wonderful trip, and we are so grateful for the experience.

P.S. We opted to have dinner included (this is not something they usually do) because we didn’t want to have to scout around for a restaurant at the end of the day. I wouldn’t recommend it. You end up with huge fixed-price meals in elegant restaurants. Lovely, but not necessarily what you want at that point.

Reviewed 26 August 2014

We had planned a cycling holiday but due to injury had to change at the last minute to a walking holiday. It is testament to both Daniel and Lucy's organisational skills that the holiday was fantastic even though it was not what we originally planned. The walking route was very scenic as we dropped into some lovely coves and fishing villages. The hotels were exceptional in both the standard of service and the friendly staff. A great holiday and I have recommended Creative Catalonia to friends secure in the knowledge that a great time will be had by all.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

Thanks to Daniel my wife and me got a cool fire road tour in the morning. My wife got to experience mountain-biking, but felt out of her comfort zone as the terrain was too challenging for her as a novice. Lucky for me Daniel took me on an afternoon of single-track action in the mountains and valley at the Costa Brava while my wife took a break. Good guidance and great rides all gear was in tip top order.
Daniel provides excellent service with a great lunch in between at a local BBQ spot.
I would like to come back and definitely come back to explore all the trails with Daniel. You will not get the full experience riding here without a guide.

See more reviews
Reviewed 27 July 2014

ur 2 week family holiday was in Catalonia this year (Begur) and I wanted to have one or two days during that holiday where I could nip off for the day and go mountain biking. In the past I had just hired a bike as there are a lot of dedicated mtb trails but what i found was that they were basically fire roads which wer a slog up (not a problem in itself)but boring coming down.
So this time I booked up Creative Catalonia as I knew that Daniel would know all the sweet singletrack which he did. The riding was great. A little technical in some places but nothing worse that anything that you would find on a "red trail" on a UK trail centre. I went at the end of July so I would be lying if I said it wasn't hot on some of the climbs but we went a my pace and it was fine. There was also a nice,well times restaurant lunch break. I had hired the full suspension bike (a All Mountain Canyon Nerve with 140 of travel which was very capable bike. I would recommend this trip for any mtb'er who wants a similar experience