“Hotel Costa Bella”

Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in Girona
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
“Hotel Costa Bella”
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Very good friendly hotel. Located about 15 mins walk from the centre of Girona. Quiet location.
Very good breakfast and also does good evening meals too (good value for money).
Room was large and comfortable.
Pool was a lovely retreat from the hot days.
Parking was free (a lot of hotels in the area you have to pay extra).

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rup_UK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Polish first
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 29 June 2012

We had driven a long distance and the welcome from the staff was superb. The Pool was lovely and the Poolside area also very nice, the staff excellent and if you have Dogs they are also very welcoming. The Breakfast is a feast for the price with fresh fruits and lots of choice. The rooms are large and good value for the price. The Hotel is well located so not far from the Motorway and then a short walk into Girona.

Room Tip: Our room was great except with having Dogs with us and lots of luggage a ground or 1st floor room co...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 June 2012

Hotel itself is comfortable and I remember the breakfasts being excellent with a huge choice available. However, we stayed over New Year for a few nights and realised that we were being systematically robbed by a member of staff. Had to be a member of staff because who else would have had access to our locked room? I thought I was going mad and that I'd been very careless with our money but once I realised I seemed to be the odd few euro notes short each day we wrote everything down and kept track. The obvious burglary came to light when I hid my "spare" wallet in a different place to usual in the room when at breakfast on the final morning. When I came back to the room the person who had expected to find things in my usual place had clearly panicked as my suitcase had been turned completely upside-down in an effort to find my cash. We reported it at reception but as the amount totalled 80 euros over the 4 days we never went to the police. The hotel typed a written statement in Spanish for me but on non-headed paper. Afterwards I realise I should have insisted it was on headed paper. They didn't seem to care and I never received a written apology. I didn't report it because it seemed too much hassle on our final day in Spain for something that I couldn't claim via insurance because the amount didn't cover the excess. Very clever way of burgling someone, I thought! Consequently I'd say NEVER leave a handbag, wallet or other valuable items in a room when you go for breakfast. The whole experience really shook us up. Needless to say I'll never set foot in this hotel ever again! We actually stayed here over New Year 2009-10 so maybe the person who did this to us no longer works there. Tripadvisor will only let me record trips taken within a year, hence the July 11 date. I have been meaning to warn others about our experience for far too long!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Zap63
Jurong, Singapore
Reviewed 22 May 2012

My friends and I booked a 3-night stay at the Costabella Hotel and ended up leaving after the first night. The reason: ear-popping noise. In order to compensate for low patronage, this hotel (and others in the Philippines) allows local firms to use the facilities for events such as staff parties etc. These outside guests monopolise the pool and play extremely LOUD music all day. It is not an exaggeration to say that the music is louder than many nightclubs I have visited in the past. To make matters worse, the event staff decided it was a good idea to perform a sound check at 6AM Saturday (not a typo!). It felt like I was waking up inside a rave party. When my friends and I complained, the hotel staff told us they had already informed us by slipping notes under our doors. These conveniently arrived after the party started at 9AM (I didn't receive one). One wonders why the hotel staff didn't tell us about the all-day parties (plural, as they had another party booked for the Sunday) when we checked-in the day before. When we extracted information from the staff that more noise could be expected the following day as well, we decided to leave for a quieter venue.
In case you think we are geriatrics who prefer the serene environment of a retirement home, we are in our thirties and enjoy going to clubs and bars. We just don't expect beach resorts to be transformed into rave parties for 8 hours a day. My advice is if you are considering this hotel, check beforehand to see if it has any events planned.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jake S
Catania, Italy
Reviewed 3 May 2012

The hotel is good value for money, especially if you come with a car or/and have no problems to walk a little to the city centre. Apart from the location which is slightly outside the hotel is good, we had a clean nice room, service was good. The staff was friendly and helpful. We stayed one night only though.

1 Thank Oksana_Barkhat
Reviewed 26 April 2012

The Hotel Costabella is a pleasant, clean hotel on the outskirts of the city. It is a 30 minute walk from the bus/train station and a good 20 minute walk to the cathedral. We found this to be the only drawback as we found it was too far to walk into the city and back again so we tended to be out for the whole day. It is, however, on a bus route as it is right opposite the hospital. Two large supermarkets are close by. The breakfasts were very good, the food and drink varied and plentiful and I loved the fresh orange juice which you could squeeze yourself in the machine. The room had everything we needed for a 4 night stay although we did request double beds in both of the double rooms for single use and ended up with two large singles but this was not too much of a problem. Shame the hotel charged for use of the sauna and jacuzzi as I think this put people off. The complimentary tea, coffee and pastries was a nice touch. All in all, we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Cork
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Two friends and I went to Gerona for a three night break ( to shop) ! We hired a car which was great as the Costabella ( is on a bus route) is a little outside the centre. We did walk in one afternoon and that was really nice but as we had the car we used it. Parking is no problem at this hotel . Plenty of space. Our room was superb! Two single beds in one big room with an adjoining double room. The staff at reception were very friendly and welcoming and helpful. Breakfast was delicious! Price was really really good. Would recommend this hotel highly. It was my second time staying here and one of my friends has stayed here many many times. There is an outside pool which we didn't use this time but it is great to have the facility if the weather is good.

2 Thank CorkGer