“Exellent !”
Review of Melia Girona

Melia Girona
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Girona
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Exellent breakfast, welcoming and warm staff.
Clean and comfortable rooms.
Good location, on main road to center, near central train station.
Good estrategic location for visitng Gerona and sea coast.
The best price quality at Catalunya.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 16 March 2014

We sent two nights in Girona, it was the last leg of our eight day trip which started in South Eastern Spain and concluded in the North East of the Country.

The hotel is located around 20 minutes walk from the centre of Girona. There is an El Corte Ingles handily placed nearby.

We arrived late afternoon, parking the car in the hotel car park. The exterior looks a little like an office block. We were checked in quickly and made our way to our room.

The room was in fact a suite, we had been given an upgrade, the room consisted of a large bedroom, lounge and two good size bathrooms. I felt the décor was dated Mrs MM felt it was cosy. The first night we had a some drinks in the bar, we had spent most of the day driving up from Valencia, a few beers and an early night were the order of the day.

The hotel is comfortable, clean and the staff we encountered were friendly and helpful. It suited our needs.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mobile_mackem
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We spent 2 nights at this hotel recently for convenience sake. The staff when we checked in was not very helpful. No one helped us with our luggage from our vehicle as there were steps in order to enter the hotel. In addition, the reception people failed to let us know that their restaurant was not open on Sunday night. The room was clean and comfortable and priced right.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Used Girona as a stop on our way. Decided for a town hotel instead of a hotel next to the highway. Where pleased with the Melia hotel. Price quality was in this case perfect. The room was small but with a king size bed. Great breakfast with even a cook at the scene for preparing eggs. Garage under the hotel. Had a very good diner aswell. Unfortunately we were the only guests.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Robert Julius C... A
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Although not in the centre, the Sol Melia is well placed near a park and only a short ride into the old quarter. I recognise many of the staff and they recognise me which is the mark of a excellent hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RonI1968
Reviewed 5 October 2013

I stayed in this hotel with my partner in October on a weekend break. We knew the hotel wasn't in the centre of the city so we were prepared for the 20 minute brisk walk into the historic city centre. We booked one of the standard double rooms and the price was reasonable. The room was clean and spacious, the tea and coffee in the room was nice. But there were few four star details included. The breakfast was good but nothing special, we didn't have dinner in the hotel but the prices are reasonable. I would have been really enthusiastic about this Melia if I had known I was going to a 3 star hotel, but as I was expecting a bit more I was sadly disappointed. I would like to add that the reception staff were very friendly and helpful, but the Wifi internet connection is not very good and I don't understand how a 4 star hotel can charge 13.50 euros a day for the hotel car park when there is a free car park less than 50 metres away!

Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 5 October 2013

I booked this hotel because I wanted something that was reasonably easy to get to from the airport as I had to leave early in the morning. It is quite easy to find, though if you're coming from the airport, when you start coming into town the hotel is signposted twice from the same roundabout. Make sure you take the left hand sign as the right hand one is for buses and would take you all over town. Once you've taken the correct road it's a straight run. The hotel is on the left of the road and you can't turn left at that junction. However there is a free public car park on the right just after the hotel (opposite the Corte Ingles shop) and I just parked there and then walked across the road to the hotel - easy and free, and it looked perfectly safe there. Very friendly service at reception and the room was very good with great air conditioning. Based on other reviews I asked for a room high up because of traffic noise, but I didn't hear anything and I can't believe you would further down either. It's a bit of a walk to get to the old part of town ( about 20 to 30 minutes depending on how fast you walk!) but well worth it as it's a lovely town with a great feeling to it. I had dinner in the hotel but it was a bit average - it would have been better to eat in town. The rate I got online was extremely reasonable for this quality of accommodation.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo