“The best of Girona that you would never find yourself”
Review of Bikecat

Bikecat
More attraction details
Owner description: BikeCat specializes in custom cycling tours in Girona, Spain. Our tours are led by local guides who will share their home and culture and what makes Girona such a draw for cyclists.We provide high quality service from a single day to a complete week-long cycling tour. All of our activities are custom designed to you and for your group no matter your riding level. Join us and we will take care of the rest. Enjoy a unique experience with the local touch to discover Girona, the best riding, and the finest cuisine and wines from Catalunya.We also offer high-end performance rental bikes from the Garmin team to accompany you on your vacation. Treat yourself and ride the bikes the Pros race on.
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Girona has some amazing road cycling which we would not have discovered if it were not for our guides from Bikecat. We were serious cyclists who ride regularly at home and we wanted a good 100km work out each day that we went riding. Jaume guided us on some beautiful rides that would be impossible for an outsider to find. We met at his office the day before our first intended ride, we were offered a coffee and sat down and Jaume asked exactly what type of riding we wanted to do. Our preference was for quiet roads lots of hills and early starts as we wanted to spend the afternoons with our non riding friends. I must say Jaume is pleasantly understated but has a quiet confidence and he delivered much more than we were expecting. Our rides over 4 Days were different everyday with plenty of hills and the most beautiful quiet single lane country roads much of the time. Jaume was also an excellent cultural guide taking our ride through many small medieval villages, explaining much of the history and stopping at the nicest places for coffee, good coffee is important. What ever we wanted was no trouble 7am start, no problem, he rode to our accommodation for 7am start. I have spent 6 weeks cycling on this trip to Europe and our riding in the Girona area with Bikecat has been a highlight. One great bonus was that Jaume took many photos of us as we were riding along, one handed, shooting backwards etc, he has very good bike handling skills. His camera skills are excellent too, a few days after we left Girona I received an email with a link to 100 amazing he had taken. Some of the action shots even made me look like I was moving at speed. These photos you can never capture yourself in a rolling group and are great memories to keep. I would recommend Bikecat to anyone who loves cycling as I do. Because each ride is a custom ride for yourself or your group, provided you are honest and give them accurate information about your riding abilities they can give you the best custom tour you have ever had, as they did for me.
Brian
Australia

1  Thank Brian S
There are newer reviews for Bikecat

Reviewed 22 December 2013

Jaume was an excellent host. We rented two bikes and took a 4 hour tour; this was followed by self guided tours on next two days.

If you want good bikes and great help this is the Bomb. Girona is a great place to ride. Even on Sunday Juame was available to make last min changes and help us.

1  Thank GPrender
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I am a club level road rider based in the UK and go on 2-3 cycling camps year. Previous destinations have included Italy, Switzerland and Spain. Our club generally seeks supported trips with good food, comfortable accomodation, warm weather, a range of climbs and quiet roads. Girona was excellent on the terrain/weather front, convenient on the airport transfer, and Bikecat impressed on the rest. Initial queries were promptly replied and all details were covered including routes (with extensions), cafe stops and even evening restaurant venues. A couple of our members had an accident and bikecat went out of their way to ensure they had appropriate treatment. Thanks Jaume/Debbie and team! D

2  Thank GeneralFM
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Jaume, Debbie and the Bikecat guides were all absolutely amazing throughout the duration of our visit. From setting up our bikes with the highest spec kit to the guided tours themselves- everything was flawless.

The bikes are ex- Garmin team bikes of the highest spec so rest assured you're getting the best!

Cannot recommend these guys enough and hope to visit and use them again soon.

2  Thank GregoryAmann
Reviewed 4 October 2013

My second visit to Girona cycling with Bikecat, and not a disappointment. I even made it up Rocacorba and now need to improve my time on that climb! Jaume and his crew are forever coming up with new routes, whether you're cycling on your own or in a group. The countryside around Girona is unbelievable, the food is great and so too are the people. I feel like I've got the inside scoop on everything there and can't wait to return.