“Top level road bike hire and guiding”
Review of Bikecat

Bikecat
More attraction details
Owner description: BikeCat specializes in custom cycling tours in Girona, Spain. Our tours are led by local guides who will share their home and culture and what makes Girona such a draw for cyclists.We provide high quality service from a single day to a complete week-long cycling tour. All of our activities are custom designed to you and for your group no matter your riding level. Join us and we will take care of the rest. Enjoy a unique experience with the local touch to discover Girona, the best riding, and the finest cuisine and wines from Catalunya.We also offer high-end performance rental bikes from the Garmin team to accompany you on your vacation. Treat yourself and ride the bikes the Pros race on.
Falmouth, United Kingdom
“Top level road bike hire and guiding”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We had three fantastic days riding with Debbie and Juame. The bikes were both prepared and perfectly fitted before we arrived. They were very accomodating helping us to arrange riding around our plans, the weather and our different riding levels/endurance.

The area around Girona has excellent geography for serious road cycling and training.We also received some really good photos of our trip. Can't recomend enough - we shall be coming back.

Visited July 2014

Portland, Oregon
“Great ride”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I had a wonderful ride with Debbie through the hillsides of Girona. Jaume and Debbie went out of their way to make sure I was able to ride even though it was a last minuet request. I am already planning my next holiday to return and ride with them. Thank you so much Debbie and Jaume for being so kind and I look forward to hanging out with you next summer.

Denise Livingston

Visited July 2014
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Excellent guiding and superb routes”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I was cycling four days with Bikecat in late May. Three days with jaume and one with Debbie. Both were so friendly and were able to guide to astonishing country roads around Girona. The area awesome for road biking and I had the best of guides. Also my rented bike was a very nice Cervelo S3. Can only recommend warmly.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Jyrki U
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Sensational 10 day custom Bike Tour - Girona Region”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Our 10 day bike custom tour from the Costa Brava, through Girona, on to Collascabra Mountains and then to Puigcerda and the Pyrenees with Bikecat was a wonderful experience. Bikecat arranged everything from the 60 - 120km rides, with guide and full van support, hotel and restaurant bookings, very good photography of the rides, and a Road Book with ride profiles, local attractions, photos and history. Jaume and Debbie at Bikecat went to extensive lengths to ensure that every day was fully planned, special locations were enjoyed, and great care went into choosing lunch and dinner spots, with some picturesque and tasty picnics. The bikes were of a high standard and well maintained, with suitable gearing for the terrain. The van was well stocked with daily needs, energy food and drinks. Jaume and Debbie could not be more hospitable, and were very keen to ensure that we were enjoying ourselves, and flexible about any day to day changes of the rides to accomodate our wishes. They were fun to be with, and forthcoming in sharing their personal experience of living in Girona and the region. I have travelled on other custom bike tours in Europe, and have no hesitation in saying this was the best organised down to the smallest detail. I am happy to recommend Bikecat for a custom bike tour of Girona / Catalunya, and would be delighted to share another trip there with Bikecat.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Lionel A
Adelaide, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“The best of Girona that you would never find yourself”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Girona has some amazing road cycling which we would not have discovered if it were not for our guides from Bikecat. We were serious cyclists who ride regularly at home and we wanted a good 100km work out each day that we went riding. Jaume guided us on some beautiful rides that would be impossible for an outsider to find. We met at his office the day before our first intended ride, we were offered a coffee and sat down and Jaume asked exactly what type of riding we wanted to do. Our preference was for quiet roads lots of hills and early starts as we wanted to spend the afternoons with our non riding friends. I must say Jaume is pleasantly understated but has a quiet confidence and he delivered much more than we were expecting. Our rides over 4 Days were different everyday with plenty of hills and the most beautiful quiet single lane country roads much of the time. Jaume was also an excellent cultural guide taking our ride through many small medieval villages, explaining much of the history and stopping at the nicest places for coffee, good coffee is important. What ever we wanted was no trouble 7am start, no problem, he rode to our accommodation for 7am start. I have spent 6 weeks cycling on this trip to Europe and our riding in the Girona area with Bikecat has been a highlight. One great bonus was that Jaume took many photos of us as we were riding along, one handed, shooting backwards etc, he has very good bike handling skills. His camera skills are excellent too, a few days after we left Girona I received an email with a link to 100 amazing he had taken. Some of the action shots even made me look like I was moving at speed. These photos you can never capture yourself in a rolling group and are great memories to keep. I would recommend Bikecat to anyone who loves cycling as I do. Because each ride is a custom ride for yourself or your group, provided you are honest and give them accurate information about your riding abilities they can give you the best custom tour you have ever had, as they did for me.
Brian