“Realy good Tapas”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Oslo
“Realy good Tapas”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Went here on the night before we went to Le Cellier de Roca. It became our local favourite. The food was excellent; the service was flexible and personal. In addition, they were willing to go the extra mile to satisfy our needs. Even after closing on a holiday, they let us have a couple of pints in the shadow. For Tapas, it is the best. Would I go here again? YES I WILL.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank TravellingTrym

Girona, Spain
“Worst restaurant I've been since I live in Girona.”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Ate at El Didal the other day because I saw it once, walking by, and it looked cute and attractive. Turns out it looks great from outside, but the inside is something different. I won't mention in depth the decoration as I don't really care but it wasn't to my taste (sewing machines, irons, and iron boards all over the place.).

For lunch you have one menu at about 20-25€ each, with starter, main and desert. Nothing fancy, I had macaronis bolognese for starter, then a piece of chicken with summer vegetables and a piece of cake.

Turns out the macaronis were terribly over cooked and very watery (who can't make proper pasta these days ? The bolognese tasted as out of the jar from the nearby shop). Bad start.

The main was really simple, chicken was a tiny bit undercooked but vegetables were alright. Still edible. The desert was unfortunately a piece of readymade processed cakes (we asked, and they had not any homedade desert). It was disgusting and I didn't finished. I guess they have no cooks and just a row of microwaves to heat up whatever customers order.

Coffee was alright, and don't remember the service (means not terrible but not too good either, I'd remember).

For this price you can have some amazing experiences throughout Girona, so please do yourself a favor and avoid this place. I don't understand the other positive comments, maybe I went there on a bad day when the cook was not there...

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Frederic L
Sils, Spain
“Very good”
Reviewed 27 February 2014

We had a birthday party lást october . we had a good . good was Ok but it was no enough for me. But prive was correct.

• Visited October 2013
Dublin
“After such excellent flavours, the rest of the night could only have gone downhill”
Reviewed 13 April 2013

Chances are that if you have dined here, you will enjoy the walk home. This little restaurant is set up level with the Cathedral amongst the historic warren of steps and narrow alleyways in the Jewish old quarter. So not only do you work up an appetite walking up there, when you leave, it's all downhill back to river and the main part of the old Girona.
The restaurant itself is missing a few seamstresses as the restaurant is decorated with old irons as wall lights, ironing boards and sewing patterns. The two lads keeping the tables content don't look like the type that would be involved in any sewing.
As for the food, we were hoping that having had tapas twice in the last twenty four hours, that we wouldn't end up with more of the same. Not so, as each of the dishes here were unusual (strips of steak with coffee sauce) and really good (meatballs with walnut). The waiter suggested 5/6 tapas between two and this was more or less enough, however, i wanted to go back for more and did just once. For desert, there is a selection of alcohol themed sorbets (Gin and Tonic and Mojito). We got the mojito sorbet which was then covered in rum which was delicious but maybe not so good for the steps down home. For all that, the standard of food and a bottle of house wine, the bill at just over €40 for two was pretty good. The service was attentive, prompy but not rushed. As this place is small with limited outdoor tables, show up early as it seems very popular with local and visitor alike.

• Visited April 2013
Riverside, California
“What a cute theme for a restaurant.”
Reviewed 6 March 2013

I am from Riverside, California USA. I came with a Meetup.com group to visit the Cathedral. We decided to stop at this restaurant. I ordered the Gratin Asparagus with York and Cheese for my first plate and Homemade Hamburger stuffed with Foie Gras for my second plate. The first plate was prepared excellent. The second plate had too much oil in the potatoes that came with the hamburger. But maybe they were suppose to be served like that. I would still recommend you stop here for the experience. Neither man spoke English, but I did manage to get a menu from them so I could write this review later. The food others in my group ordered looked good too.

• Visited March 2013