I am listings positives and negatives from my point of view.
1. Very central to old town centre.
2. Clean compact modern rooms.
3. Excellent Triple glazing with rooms virtual soundproof.
4. Very Comfortable beds and pillows.
5. Friendly and helpful staff
7. Power showers in bathroom.
1. No parking area with hotel.
2. No bar in hotel.
3. 70 TV channels but alas just 1 in English.
4. Carpet on 3rd floor stained and shabby.
5. Pool little more than oversized Jacuzzi.
6. Internet slow /not functioning at all
7. Breakfast little expensive at 12 per person.
Overall rooms pleasant, clean, comfortable, soundproof, except in mornings when cleaning staff were collecting there cleaning equipment in room opposite and having a briefing outside noisily. Great idea to have a “pool” installed in a city centre hotel attracting guests to the hotel, but when guests see the size of the pool I fear this positive will turn to a negative. Trying to watch TV at nighttime when you have 70 channels and only one English Channel becomes very irritating. Hotel advertised as Satellite TV but we could not avail of this or the bar. We still paid for these “facilities” .Little thoughtfulness for the English speakers would enhance hotel.
I personally would prefer a bar area where guests can meet at end of day, even the more economical hotels cater for their guests as per standard.
We enjoyed our stay in hotel but can not understand how it has attained no.1 in rankings. The main plus been Hotel is in central area but all hotels are central and others are better value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Ciutat de Girona is located in the most symbolic, historical and cultural heart of Girona. Surrounded by the most charismatic buildings and the best shopping in the city.The hotel combines a modern style and it is decorated with pictures of the most representative places of Girona. It is equipped with last generation facilities. Among its services you can find and indoor swimming pool and a indoor cycling. In the lobby you will find "the corner of the musician" where you can have a glass of moscatell ( sweet wine) and some nuts to make your arrival at the Hotel a special moment.Hotel Ciutat de Girona is an option to enjoy an exquisite treatment and exclusive facilities in the heart of the city. These and many other details will fill your stay with pleasant surprises. Hotel Ciutat de Girona aims to achieve maximum customer satisfaction. This is why our priority is to work to adapt to the uses, traditions and tastes of each of our clients. This purpose is achieved thanks to bi-directional teamwork of all the teams that are part of the Hotel, both in his daily task and other moments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Prestigia, LoveHolidays, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Ciutat de Girona reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.