“Pleasant stay in ideal location”
Review of Pensio Viladomat

and 1 more site!
Pensio Viladomat
Ranked #20 of 20 Hotels in Girona
London, United Kingdom
“Pleasant stay in ideal location”
Reviewed 6 November 2011

I only had a night in this pension, but I liked it very much. I only saw the fairly elderly proprietors when I arrived and paid for my room, but they seemed perfectly pleasant. (I'm surprised so many people seem to object to paying on arrival and in cash. These small establishments are not happy about paying percentages to credit card companies and not everyone is honest so can easily disappear without paying) The place was clean and peaceful; ideally situated at the beginning of the old town. (There's a wonderful cinema museum not far away. Highly recommended)

Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank ladyjedburgh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Varsovia
Reviewed 19 August 2010

I don't know too much about Spain neither, but I absolutely agree about the bad tempered owner. At last, the woman who runs the lodging was neither communicative nor kind at all. She showed sharp, curt ... as if the thing of running the place didn't below to her and the clients were there to annoy her.

Anyway, that's not the only negative thing about the place: you can not sleep a wink! it's the most noisy street in the world. Believe me, I was wearing earplugs and I still could hear the continous noises in the street!

And the last thing: I know that is not a real hotel, and you can't expect too much but, if you go at summer, you will sufocate because the rooms doesn't even have a simple ventilator (that's not expensive to have it) .. I'm not talking about air conditioning, because I know it's not a hotel but a lodging house but it was very hot ...

and finally: the building has the most vertical stairs i've ever seen before! It seems that you're going to practise climb, so, put your harness on and enjoy the hell.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
4 Thank qon

Travellers are raving about these Girona hotels

hong kong
Reviewed 9 July 2010

I think some of the previous reviews are a little harsh. I know very little Spanish, but found the owner efficient and businesslike. She is used to dealing with foreigners and basically does enough so that she can rent the room, and I can rent the room. I suppose if I knew more Spanish, and we had more of a conversation, then her abruptness might come across more.

Room quality - very clean. Bed comfortable. TV but no English channels. Balcony in room but no air conditioning or fan - on a hot night this could be a problem as you need to have the window open, but people will be chatting until late outside. Bathroom is good. Good shower.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank drumbrake
UK
Reviewed 8 November 2009

I have just stayed here (62 Euros) whilst on a cycling trip and can only say that I found the woman who runs it very bad tempered and would recommend that you avoid it at all costs. There are many other choices (go to the tourist info and get there map). I chose this becasue it was the most expensive, and so thought incorrectly that it would be OK. There is no need to put up with people like this.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with friends
5 Thank AshburtonUk
chicago, il
Reviewed 17 September 2009

I'm not sure why this hotel has some bad reviews, partly because I don't speak French. I paid 23 euros for a single (with shared bath), so wasn't expecting luxury. The room was spotless and comfortable, with a small desk and chair. Not huge but quite sufficient, especially for the price. There is a common area with a small refrigerator on the top floor, and views of the cathedral if you stick your head out the window and crane your neck. It's in a pretty location in the middle of the old city near the tourist attractions, and 10-15 minutes walking from the train/ bus station. The owners were friendly, and lent me a corkskrew and gave me a tapón for my bottle of wine. My only complaint is that the walls are a little thin, but you can't expect everything for that price. Overall I had a great experience.

No estoy seguro porque hay revistas malas en este sitio, en parte porque no hablo frances. Pague 23 euros por una habiticion sencilla con baño compartido. Era muy limpio y comfortable. No era muy grande, pero suficiente (con escritorio y unas siilas) por el precio. Hay un cuarto comun en el piso mas alto, con vistas de la catedral si se pone la cabeza por la ventana. Está bien ubicado, en una calle linda en el casco viejo, cerca de las cosas turisticas y 10-15 minutos caminando de las estaciones de los trenes y autobuses. Los propietieros eran muy agradables, me prestan una sacracolchas y me dieron un tapón para mi vino. Las parades son un poco delgados, pero no se puede tener todo por ese precio. En todo, una experiencia muy buena.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled solo
2 Thank inigo_mantoya
manchester
Reviewed 9 August 2005

I would not recommend this place. It was really noisy all night. We found it impossible to sleep.

• Stayed July 2005
10 Thank geckol
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 19 December 2004

Totally served the purpose of a clean, cute place to sleep. Reasonable too.

9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member