“Excellent value for money”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Pensio Viladomat

and 1 more site!
Pensio Viladomat
Ranked #20 of 20 Hotels in Girona
eastbourne
“Excellent value for money”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

Rooms are spacious and extremely clean,location is amazing,right in the heart of the old town.We have been to Girona on many occasions(we have family there) and have stayed in a nearby hotel,but the Pension Viladomat is such great value for money that we will come back and stay again rather than the larger corporate hotel that we normally use. Highly recommend this hotel it cannot be beaten on price !!! We came at a very busy time the staff were fabulous ( yes they speak Spanish ,I don't ,but you are in Spain!!!) and could not do enough for us.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2013

Perfect for my needs during the Girona flower festival in May...great location in the old part of the city and a 15 min walk to the bus/train station for trips to the coast and the Dali Museum. Small single room, very clean and excellent value.The shared bathroom was clean with a powerful shower. Lots of stairs, but as I was out all day and again in the evening (free outdoor opera and acapella concerts) this was not an issue and part of the charm of the building. The window opened onto an internal part of the building over the entrance. I'm a light sleeper and slept well. I knew where owner was if I needed him and he kindly offered to look after my bag on the last day. I would be very happy to stay here again and can recommend visiting Girona during the fantastic flower festival.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank ruth181
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

Well it was €40 for our room per night, a double room instead of the twin we had requested. The shower on our level was cold for both of us and the bathroom in general wasn't even that clean (dirty towels left in there). The positives for this hostel are it's location and ease of access but the staff should not be in charge of anything remotely connected to customer service let alone any sort of guest house. If you're on the top floor then you better be fit too, if not, you will be by the time you leave.
They speak absolutely NO English whatsoever, and although we tried our best with average Castillian Spanish, the guy there was less than helpful and his partner/wife admitted she spoke no English at all which was pretty shocking. I won't be returning nor will any of my 4 friends, we thought it was pretty difficult to disrespect 5 people at once but these guys managed it.
Thanks for nothing

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Bradley318

Travellers are raving about these Girona hotels

nyc
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2012

I stayed in the single room for the first night and though clean, found the room too small and did not want to deal with a shared bathroom that had a timed light switch, lights going off mid shower is funny the first time but it gets old fast! I switch to their en suite room on the upper floor, very spacious and clean, its a little over double the price but still very reasonable and the rooms are huge, over 2 times bigger than the single room and with a small balcony. the bathroom are also bright, spacious and very clean.

Location is great off the square with cafes and restaurants, in the middle of old town,a supermarket right downstairs. I didn't see many other guest while i was there and can't understand why. There is construction on the building across the street, perhaps that put people off from staying there, but it looks worst than it is, because by the time the construction work begins I left the pension to explore Girona and by the time I return in the evening they are done with the day's work. so I didn't find it noisy at all. Would definitely stay there again if i am in Girona.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank DonkeyL
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2012

We stayed in Girona for two nights during a round trip of Spain. We honestly had no idea what to expect of this city but we were completely blown away by the beauty, heritage and character of it. Girona is not very large but this hostel was a perfect location. It is just south of the main street of the Call and is in close proximity to everything you could possibly want to see in Girona. I speak Spanish so i'm not sure if that helped but I found the woman that owns the hostel to be very approachable and ready to help whenever we needed it. We had absolutely no problems with her. The room was very clean and comfortable. We had a terrace that looked down on to the street below which was great because it meant big double windows, we left the windows open at night and during the day to let air in. The noise didn't bother us at night. This hostel was perfect for what we needed and I would recommend it to anyone visiting Girona. It is a breathtaking city and I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jack L
Barcelona, Spain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2011

We found this pension after having to cancel a booking in another hostal, and we are very glad that we made the change. The room we had was fantastic - light, very clean, big bed and an AMAZING shower. It's in a great location in the middle of the old town, though there's no double-glazing so you do hear noise from the street (we had a room that was on the front of the building, but there are rooms at the back which would probably be better for noise). It was a cold December night that we stayed there, but the room was really warm and cosy. A couple of tiny things - there was a kettle and cups but no tea/coffee available (you had to bring your own). Also, we had a bit of difficulty because we didn't have our passports with us - i had my UK driving licence but that wasn't accepted initially. Each night they have to fill in a form stating who is staying in the pension and they need to use passport details (or official ID card) - so make sure you have yours with you! Would love them to provide breakfast too, but there are so many cheap options on the street and in the surrounding area so it's not a big deal.

We met the two owners; mother and son i think. The mother was really lovely and chatty (in Spanish; she had very little English) and the son was a bit gruff, but fine really - he speaks better English.

All in all, a great place to stay and very romantic - it really felt like a hotel, and for 52 Euros for the room i thought it was brilliant value.

Room Tip: The rooms at the front of the building are definitely louder - so ask for a room at the back if this...