“It is what it is”

and 1 more site!
Pensio Viladomat
Ranked #20 of 20 Hotels in Girona
Reviewed 17 January 2014

In a city not over-blessed by budget accommodation this basic resting place is good value - a warm comfortable room ,beds made and towels changed daily.great location in the old town .the room was on the 4th floor so not so good if you have problems on stairs but if all you want is a good value place to sleep this should fill the bill .

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank greenlane16

Reviewed 29 December 2013

I chose Pensio Viladomat for being perfectly located in the Old Town where most of the flower exhibitions were displayed during the 'Temps de Flors' festival in May. I also chose it for its price as it seemed to be a good option if one travels on a low budget. The single room I booked was tiny but clean and cosy with a small balcony towards Calle Ciutadans street. The room was very simple, but decent, I had no television but plenty of furniture, which I couldn't fill in.The shared bathroom was clean and just next to my room. When I was having a shower the lights used to switch off automatically and had to struggle switching them back on by making a noise, and I totally disliked that. The staff from Pensio Viladomat was absolutely brilliant. Although the staff didn't speak much English, proved to be very understanding and helpful. On the day I arrived at Pensio Viladomat I had to pay the full amount of money in cash, although I was prepared to pay with the card. I went to town to change my foreign money, but to my surprise there were no exchange outlets anywhere in Girona, the banks were already closed as it was already afternoon and couldn't withdraw more money from the cashpoint as I had already passed my limit that day. So, when I told my problem to the staff, he understood me and told me that I could pay the following day which I did. Then, after leaving Girona, I realised that I had forgotten some clothes in one of the drawers in the room and contacted the member of staff. I will always appreciate him for shipping me the forgotten clothes in a different country and for communicating with me about the issue through emails. Absolutely reliable, trustworthy service.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Gabriela D
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Rooms are spacious and extremely clean,location is amazing,right in the heart of the old town.We have been to Girona on many occasions(we have family there) and have stayed in a nearby hotel,but the Pension Viladomat is such great value for money that we will come back and stay again rather than the larger corporate hotel that we normally use. Highly recommend this hotel it cannot be beaten on price !!! We came at a very busy time the staff were fabulous ( yes they speak Spanish ,I don't ,but you are in Spain!!!) and could not do enough for us.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 June 2013

Perfect for my needs during the Girona flower festival in May...great location in the old part of the city and a 15 min walk to the bus/train station for trips to the coast and the Dali Museum. Small single room, very clean and excellent value.The shared bathroom was clean with a powerful shower. Lots of stairs, but as I was out all day and again in the evening (free outdoor opera and acapella concerts) this was not an issue and part of the charm of the building. The window opened onto an internal part of the building over the entrance. I'm a light sleeper and slept well. I knew where owner was if I needed him and he kindly offered to look after my bag on the last day. I would be very happy to stay here again and can recommend visiting Girona during the fantastic flower festival.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank ruth181
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Well it was €40 for our room per night, a double room instead of the twin we had requested. The shower on our level was cold for both of us and the bathroom in general wasn't even that clean (dirty towels left in there). The positives for this hostel are it's location and ease of access but the staff should not be in charge of anything remotely connected to customer service let alone any sort of guest house. If you're on the top floor then you better be fit too, if not, you will be by the time you leave.
They speak absolutely NO English whatsoever, and although we tried our best with average Castillian Spanish, the guy there was less than helpful and his partner/wife admitted she spoke no English at all which was pretty shocking. I won't be returning nor will any of my 4 friends, we thought it was pretty difficult to disrespect 5 people at once but these guys managed it.
Thanks for nothing

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Bradley318
Reviewed 15 October 2012

I stayed in the single room for the first night and though clean, found the room too small and did not want to deal with a shared bathroom that had a timed light switch, lights going off mid shower is funny the first time but it gets old fast! I switch to their en suite room on the upper floor, very spacious and clean, its a little over double the price but still very reasonable and the rooms are huge, over 2 times bigger than the single room and with a small balcony. the bathroom are also bright, spacious and very clean.

Location is great off the square with cafes and restaurants, in the middle of old town,a supermarket right downstairs. I didn't see many other guest while i was there and can't understand why. There is construction on the building across the street, perhaps that put people off from staying there, but it looks worst than it is, because by the time the construction work begins I left the pension to explore Girona and by the time I return in the evening they are done with the day's work. so I didn't find it noisy at all. Would definitely stay there again if i am in Girona.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank DonkeyL
Reviewed 6 September 2012

We stayed in Girona for two nights during a round trip of Spain. We honestly had no idea what to expect of this city but we were completely blown away by the beauty, heritage and character of it. Girona is not very large but this hostel was a perfect location. It is just south of the main street of the Call and is in close proximity to everything you could possibly want to see in Girona. I speak Spanish so i'm not sure if that helped but I found the woman that owns the hostel to be very approachable and ready to help whenever we needed it. We had absolutely no problems with her. The room was very clean and comfortable. We had a terrace that looked down on to the street below which was great because it meant big double windows, we left the windows open at night and during the day to let air in. The noise didn't bother us at night. This hostel was perfect for what we needed and I would recommend it to anyone visiting Girona. It is a breathtaking city and I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple