“Bad tempered owner - go elsewhere and save money”
Review of Pensio Viladomat

Pensio Viladomat
Ranked #20 of 20 Hotels in Girona
UK
“Bad tempered owner - go elsewhere and save money”
Reviewed 8 November 2009

I have just stayed here (62 Euros) whilst on a cycling trip and can only say that I found the woman who runs it very bad tempered and would recommend that you avoid it at all costs. There are many other choices (go to the tourist info and get there map). I chose this becasue it was the most expensive, and so thought incorrectly that it would be OK. There is no need to put up with people like this.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with friends
5 Thank AshburtonUk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
chicago, il
Reviewed 17 September 2009

I'm not sure why this hotel has some bad reviews, partly because I don't speak French. I paid 23 euros for a single (with shared bath), so wasn't expecting luxury. The room was spotless and comfortable, with a small desk and chair. Not huge but quite sufficient, especially for the price. There is a common area with a small refrigerator on the top floor, and views of the cathedral if you stick your head out the window and crane your neck. It's in a pretty location in the middle of the old city near the tourist attractions, and 10-15 minutes walking from the train/ bus station. The owners were friendly, and lent me a corkskrew and gave me a tapón for my bottle of wine. My only complaint is that the walls are a little thin, but you can't expect everything for that price. Overall I had a great experience.

No estoy seguro porque hay revistas malas en este sitio, en parte porque no hablo frances. Pague 23 euros por una habiticion sencilla con baño compartido. Era muy limpio y comfortable. No era muy grande, pero suficiente (con escritorio y unas siilas) por el precio. Hay un cuarto comun en el piso mas alto, con vistas de la catedral si se pone la cabeza por la ventana. Está bien ubicado, en una calle linda en el casco viejo, cerca de las cosas turisticas y 10-15 minutos caminando de las estaciones de los trenes y autobuses. Los propietieros eran muy agradables, me prestan una sacracolchas y me dieron un tapón para mi vino. Las parades son un poco delgados, pero no se puede tener todo por ese precio. En todo, una experiencia muy buena.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled solo
2 Thank inigo_mantoya
manchester
Reviewed 9 August 2005

I would not recommend this place. It was really noisy all night. We found it impossible to sleep.

• Stayed July 2005
10 Thank geckol

Travellers are raving about these Girona hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 19 December 2004

Totally served the purpose of a clean, cute place to sleep. Reasonable too.

9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Liverpool, England
Reviewed 1 September 2004

We stayed at this delightful pension in the old part of Girona in June 2004. Our room was large, airy, and very clean and the beds most comfortable. The bathroom was a newly-fitted en-suite. The owner was most welcoming and friendly even though neither of us spoke each others language! There is a local coffee shop close by for a delicious breakfast, and there are lots of trendy shops and bars in the locality as well as great restaurants. Girona is a great place to visit - don't miss it!

9 Thank Leeson41
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 August 2004

My boyfriend and I stayed for two days in lovely Girona, when we made a trip trough north-spain. We hadn't reserved a place to stay, so we decided to see at the place for a hotel or pension. Pensio Viladomat was in the old centre, carrer ciutudans and we were very pleased. The only room that was left was a triple room. We weren't sure, so the lady of the house let us take a look first, but we were nicely surprised: there were three seperate rooms: one room with a single bed, a bathroom with bad, lavabo, and a spacious room with a double bed, a little terras, a television...
The bed- and bathroom were spotless clean and very pleasant to stay. We even had a little frigo, where we kept our water cold. The only negative point was that there was no airco, but I didn't mind that!! And above all, it was a nice and charming building.
We payed 75 euro for the room per night, all included.

16 Thank A TripAdvisor Member