“Sweet little place”

Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in Girona
Toronto, Canada
“Sweet little place”
Reviewed 27 September 2011

The hotel is pretty basic, but we didn't need much more than a place to sleep off jetlag and set out from to see the sights of Girona. A lovely plus was a tiny balcony off the room with a view of the Zen garden where we could sit. Bathroom had only a shower, but was very clean. Bed a bit hard, only 2 pillows. Parking could be had about 6 minutes' walk from the hotel in a pay lot or free on the street if you circled a bit. Concierge was helpful and charming. Breakfast also basic, but not expensive.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 11 September 2011

We (my wife, I and my 3 daughters) enjoyed our one night stay at the hotel, which is at a walking distance from the old city district, that was our target of visit in the city.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 1 September 2011

I had just come from a conference in Belfast & needed to get into the Spanish culture. Pensio Margarit provided not only a value added gateway but reminded me of why I return to Spain so often. Being walking distance from the rail station & right at one of the bridges across to the old part of town, I felt immediately at ease in this wonderful country. My room was enormous, with a bathroom so beautifully tiled that I took photos of it to send back to my interior designer friend in Sydney. Breakfast was very good & the staff went out of their way to make sure I was comfortable & well-oriented for my exploration of this town. I would definitely recommend Pension Margarit & will be staying here again on my next trip.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Kimberley52
Milan, Italy
Reviewed 22 August 2011

We were at pensio Margarit for 2 nights in Jan 2011, I have to admit that we were not in the best mood as we had our luggages robbed fron the rented car in Figueres....
I was expected something better from the reviews, anyway the room was bigh enough and clean but it was very cold (we were in January), the bathroom was small and colder; there were work in progress in the property, the lift was out of order and it was loud. Breakfast was just ok for the pice, people were friendly. WIFI was not working properly. The location was OK for explore Girona walking and getting from the airport bus. For the price I will probably give it another try and stay here again if back in Girona.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
san antonio
Reviewed 18 July 2011

We stayed one night while in transit. On the internet booking a breakfast buffet was included. But when we got to the hotel the staff said that breakfast cost 6 euros a person. I told them that the internet site said buffet breakfast included - they told me that was for the more expensive rooms. When I tried to bring up the internet to show them, there was no internet connection.
So, I don't recommend this place - they are dishonest.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 9 July 2011

We stayed here because of the short distance to the train station. The next day we planned to travel by train to Dali Museum in Figueres. But it turned out that the ancient city of Girona center here is also very close. Our room was small, but enough cosy. On reception us have pleasantly surprised. If not to reserve a breakfast online, and to pay for it in hotel, it costs at a discount 1 euros :) The breakfast a buffet was plentiful and tasty. In general, we remained are happy. There were no irritating factors.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Wind41
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 June 2011

The staff were very friendly and helpful, the rooms spotless and peaceful, and the location perfect as it's close to the stations and is in the Centre. We would certainly stay again.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple