Hotel Margarit
AC Hotel Palau de Bellavista(Girona)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$128
Hotel Peninsular(Girona)(Great Value!)
US$137
US$126
  • Restaurant
Double Tree Hilton Hotel Girona(Girona)(Great Value!)
US$104
Hotel Ultonia Girona(Girona)
US$105
US$79
  • Bar/Lounge
Ibis Girona Costa Brava(Girona)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$86
Hotels.com
US$167
US$152
  • Pool
Hotel Gran Ultonia Girona(Girona)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$108
  • Restaurant
All reviewszen gardenthe bus train stationthe riversmall signold townsuperior roombudget hotelbeds were comfortablebuffet breakfast was excellentshort walk to the centrestayed here for three nightstwo nightsstaff was very friendly and helpfulconvenient locationpleasant stayplace to stayyogurt
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 September 2009

We paid 63 euros for one night in a triple room B&B in August - cheapest hotel I found in expensive girona. The hotel is 5 mins walk to the old town and 10 mins to the bus & train station.
I think we got the last available room - it was 40 degrees outside and no air con in the room.
The room was very small, rather rundown, with a tiny, old, cheesey toilet and shower. All a bit depressing. (I expect we were just unlucky.) The beds were comfortable though and the breakfast was good. Staff were helpful.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 August 2009

We spent one night in Pension Margarit in July. We had a standard room. It was simple, clean and comfortable. The bed was large and comfortable. The bathroom was modern and better than I have seen in more expensive hotels. Breakfast was really nice with plenty of choice and you could eat as much or as little as you like. They constantly replenished the buffet as items ran low.
Staff were very friendly and helpful.
This is budget accommodation so do not expect luxury. However I we were very happy with Pension Margarit and will stay there again when we next visit Girona.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 August 2009

I expected the room to be small and dingy, since it was so inexpensive, and that's fine. In this I was not disappointed. I thought the bathroom could have been cleaner but passable for a the few uses I needed. But when I turned back the (icky) blanket to find a hair that was not mine on the sheets I was ready to check out (unfortunately for me, my visit coincided with Tour De France and no other hotels had vacancies. On the bright side, since I had my doubts about this hotel I packed my sleeping bag liner so I provided myself with my own sheets.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 August 2009

It was one of the weakest rooms where I've ever stayed. Watching the photos and the recently renovated appealing hotel entrance I was expecting a comfy and cozy room, but in fact, our double room (301) wasn't as nice as the lobby. (photos, even mines, seems much better than it really is)
It's a budget accomodation, so nothing fancy to expect, but being Girona (a nice city but not exactly Barcelona and not a beach place), the price/quality was supposed to be much better. I'm not sure if it was only our room (the cheapest) and the other ones (more expensive) were much better, but mine was really weak and that is a fact.
The hotel (in Spain is rated as Pension) entrance is very appealing with modern and colourful decoration, even with internet access at the lobby. The Staff at front desk was kind and friendly when we were attended by 2 guys and unkindly indifferent when we got a lady (it seemed that she was doing as a favour).
There's a useful supermarket aside the Margarit where it's possible to buy some stuffs to eat and drink.
As for the room itself, it was spacious enough, comfortable bed, with a little sofa and bed and a nice balcony with views to a little but cozy interior 'Zen Garden'.
As for negative items: a small and old fashioned TV with no remote control, old and used wardrobe, no air conditioned (only a fan). The room, such as the bathroom, was no cozy and appealing at all - old fashioned, seemed to much used and needs restoring - and we didn't felt comfortable, specially at the bathroom where, although being clean, it had a half bathtub (tipical in some spanish Hostals and Pensions), but not so practical as a poliban. The shower-wall-support was loose and we had to hold it all the time while taking shower (with good pressure 'thou). Obviously, the sound isolation was terrible - sounds from stairs, corridors, other rooms and even from outside.
The room wasn't so nice as the entrance and photos antecipated - what a pity! I'm expecting to pass by Girona more often in transit for other flights, but I will try other places for sure - I paid 50€ for a double with breakfast included (it was a nice breakfast with spanish tortilla, juice, bread, ham, cheese, pastries, yogurts, coffe and milk), but I think there are other better options to stay the night.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PortoExplorer
Reviewed 29 July 2009

Girona, although a hidden gem (people flying in with the cheap airlines usually give it a miss and head straight for Barcelona – a HUGE mistake), does not have too many good value accommodation options. Margarit is one of the few. The location is perfect for the train station (5 mins) and shopping in the new part of the city (2 mins), and not far from all the stunningly beautiful sights in the old town (10 mins to the cathedral, on the other side of the river). For a reasonable price, we got a "superior double" room, with ample space (especially by Iberian standards), a lovely bathroom, TV, aircon, and a big (again, for Iberia), comforatble bed (even though the mattress was a bit on the hard side). The breakfast (included) was basic but OK. The only nuisance (and we were aware of this before arriving) was the lack of a wifi network; there was just one public PC at reception (and the receptionist made me pay for using it on one occasion). COME ON, it's 2009, no? Margarit also serves as the left luggage office for the train station, as the one at the station is closed for security reasons (July 2009). So after walking to the station, the tourist information guy sent us back to Margarit. Good it's so close, as we ended up covering the route three times... Overall, basic but definitely recommended.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple