“Great hotel - but agree - - no pool!”

AC Hotel Palau de Bellavista
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Girona
New York City, New York
“Great hotel - but agree - - no pool!”
Reviewed 10 September 2010

Took a day trip out of of town on a Barcelona biz trip for a dinner in Girona. Nice hotel - fantastic design, and beautiful views of Girona from a huge public patio. The rooms don't face out toward the beautiful vista (they are at the back of the hotel), but the rooms are v quiet and nicely designed. I was surprised as well that there was no pool! A good spot to stay if you're heading out for any of the culinary delights in town - like El Celler de Can Roca - in fact the brothers that own El Celler de Can Roca also manage the restaurant in the hotel, so the hotel food is quite above-average.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Ronda, Spain
Reviewed 8 September 2010

I don't like writing this review as I thought the hotel was quite nice, with a professional staff.... Beds & room really comfi and I liked the location alot.
Unfortunatly I left my phone in the room after check-out. When discovered I no longer had my mobile with me I remembered....On the bed!!! By that time we were already in France.
I called the hotel and was helped out by a really friendly young man. He said that as far as he knows no phone was found (yet) in my room. But he assured me to ask another shift of cleaners in the morning. And so the next morning I was called by the hotel to tell me that they had found my phone!!!! I was VERY happy ofcourse. I told the lady that I would be back in Girona on September 4th and coming to pick it up. She said 'no worries, we have your phone here, you can pick it up any time'.
And so I went back to the hotel on September 4th to discover my phone had now officially dissapeared!!! None of the staff could locate my phone again. And in the place where the lady said she put it, there was no phone to be found. You can imagine what a dissapointment....
I think this is extremely unproffesional of the hotel to 'loose' my phone after calling me with the message that it was found! The manager was trying to sort things out and said she would get back to us but untill now we haven't heard from them.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Melbourne
Reviewed 29 August 2010

My partner and I stayed at the Bellavista for a total of 6 nights.

Walking into the reception area, the design was open and modern.

The room was very spacious. The design of the bathroom, although creative, its frosted glass walls and door meant the when you turned the light on you could see right into the bathroom and even with the glass door closed you don't have a lot of privacy.

Our room had a few dead bugs on the ceiling and stains on the walls of what looked like someone had opened a coke can which sprayed the walls. It was only after we alerted reception after a few days that the stains were cleaned. Not what you would expect for 5 star accommodation.

The air conditioning worked extremely well and the beds were huge and very comfortable. The mini bar was also free which was a nice surprise.

The massive outdoor terrace was fantastic to sit down and have a drink while enjoying the spectacular view overlooking Girona. I must say though, the room could have easily fit a swimming pool which the hotel definitely lacks.

Secured parking is also a bonus.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Hartlepool
Reviewed 28 August 2010

Friendly and proficient staff throughout hotel. Excellent Restaurant Numun serving delicious food with first class service. Location brilliant - "bella vista" - is correct - yet only 10 minutes walk to the old town below. For those who do not fancy the uphill walk back, taxis are available and fairly priced - our average fare was 6 euros. Restaurant closes on Sunday and Monday nights but there is 24 hour room service and
quite acceptable food served in the bar and on the terrace outside. Maps, directions and useful information available from pleasant english speaking reception staff.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Leeds England
Reviewed 27 August 2010

This uncompromisingly minimalist hotel with boxlike architecture understates its own virtuosity. It is perched on a hilltop that overlooks the rooftops of Girona - no Florence, but the best panorama in the town, though unfortunately not from the bedrooms, all of which overlook an oblong courtyard that looks like a testing strip for different coloured gravel. Easy parking. Rather businesslike welcome, but things look up after that. Rooms are very well appointed and spacious. Excellent bathroom. Full range of in-room entertainment. Vertiginous but short walk into town, though return seems rather longer.
Restaurant does have the view and lots more besides. Menu is short, imaginative, very Catalonian, and best value in town. Food is much better presented than the hotel itself and the range of (often surprising) combinations of colours and flavours is stunning. The desserts were just scrumptious.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Europe
Reviewed 14 August 2010

I can only second all the rave reviews of this place. It is very modern and stylish, huge front windows reflect the beautiful scenery, rooms are large and thoughfully decorated and there is even a free minibar. On top of that, the price we paid was less than 100 euros for a double.

The hotel is located on a hill so it is a bit of a hike from the town centre but it looks more difficult than it actually is. The climb is totally worth it because of the stunning view.

Tip: we were there on Monday and their famous restaurant was closed. Choose another day to come!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Yorkshire, England
Reviewed 14 August 2010

This is a modern, business hotel, situated above the city of Girona, with wonderful views to the west and south of the city.

We stayed one night on our way up through Catalonia to the Languedoc, having visited the city many times before, but not having stayed at this hotel. We were not disappointed, in spite of the brief stay. Nuria was charming on reception and the quality of our suite was fantastic and great value for what we paid.

There is a lovely patio area from where the best views are to be had and it's no more than a 15 minute walk down the hill to the centre of Girona (although you might be best advised to park at Placa Catalunya, in case lugging your purchases back up the hill is too much for you).

In retrospect we would have spent 2 or 3 nights here - and we'd unreservedly recommend it to any other family like ours.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family