Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
KeGillett
New York

Friendly, supportive, clean B & B

Review of Bells Oficis
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 25 Sept 2009
I stayed at Bells Oficis at the end of June. Javier was extremely helpful and friendly. I stayed in the tiny room which is tiny; however, since I was spending very little time at the B & B, this did not matter to me. Everyone morning, Javier, provided a small but satisfying continental breakfast. I stayed for two nights and found no problems sharing the clean bathroom. During my two nights in Girona, my husband was staying in Barcelona. Since our cell phones were not working in Spain, Javier kindly offered their phone to talk to my husband each night. This was a godsend. Girona is a beautiful city. I loved my time there. I was volunteering at the Mona Chimp Sanctuary and highly recommend a visit to the sanctuary. In addition, since I speak very little spanish, I was grateful Javier spoke English so fluently. I would definitely stay here again.
Date of stay: June 2009
    £231
    £264
0.2 miles from Bells Oficis
View more hotels in Girona
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 August 2009

We stayed in Bells for three nights with my girlfriend in July 2009. We did not book in advance and sort of stumbled onto this place, and were pleasantly suprised. Javier, the manager, spoke very good English and went out of his way to accomodate us. He definitely loves his job, and it shows! We were travelling for a while at this time, and Javier personally did all of our laudry! We were sceptical about the shared bathroom at first, but it did not bother us in the end, as there were only three other rooms we were sharing with. The building is over 100 years old, with some of the original tiling still intact, which added to the whole cultural experience. The location is also unbeatable, with minutes to the old town, the cathedral, cafes and shops. Also, there was internet available. We would definitely recommend this place, if you can get room!

Date of stay: July 2009
Reviewed 9 July 2009

I really did not like this place. Noise was a big problem - both from the street and from inside the B&B (I stayed in the "Ramblas Room"). The shared bath I guess was adequate - no soap or tissues. The two towels they provided were old and scratchy. The breakfast selection was pretty thin. Overall it just felt cheap and I had the impression that the owners were running the place as a side job. On the plus side, the location is very good and very accessible from the train/bus station - but Girona is small so almost anything on the east side of the river is going to work. To be this uncomfortable you might as well stay at the youth hostel and save $$$.

Date of stay: June 2009
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank steadmanSF
Reviewed 24 April 2009

We stayed from April 22 to April 24, 2009

We stayed in the ‘The room of the rambla’ which combines funky contemporary fittings with the original floor tiles. Double aspect balcony windows open up to reveal the bustling Las Ramblas two floors below.
The shared bathroom was not an issue for us as there were only another 3 bedrooms using it. Plenty of hot water, a decent shower and a quality hairdryer. Large thick towels were provided in our room.

Javier, our host, speaks excellent English, much better than my Spanish. He keeps a lot of tourist information for his guests on hand, and is eager and more than willing to pass on local information and personal recommendations.
The B&B is clean and tidy, and perfectly located for the old town. Approximately 15 minutes slow walk from the bus/train station.

We would definitely recommend this B&B as a great home base and can't think of a reason we’d want to stay anywhere else next time we’re in Girona.

Excellent place to stay

Date of stay: April 2009
Reviewed 27 August 2008

Arrived late but received the warmest of welcomes on my arrival, Javier and Olga are great hosts and go the extra mile to ensure you're stay is pleasant. It was my first experience of having to share a bathroom with other guest and as they keep the place so clean and tidy it is not an issue. I stayed in the 'Wardrobe Room' which combines funky contemporary fittings with the tiles and the impressive wardrobe steeped in history. Overall I was very impressed and would certainly stay here again.

Date of stay: August 2008
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 20 May 2008

having read the previous not so positive review in spanish i decided to react, because i think the place deserves much more. not only is the building and the rooms unique and the owners are extremely helpful, but also the price is moderate and the service is great. the duvets and the temperature in the rooms was perfectly ok. i was not aware of any light coming from the street or the corridor nor was the place noisy. i stayed in three different rooms there over the busy weekend of the flower show. and i also left early in the morning and a small breakfast was there (not visible at first).

each room has a balcony and there is a tourist information centre across the street.

i highly recommend this B&B and hope its future visitors will not be put off by the fussy spanish tourists.

Date of stay: May 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)