eDreams
Priceline
Vio.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 June 2010

I loved this B&B. I had the 'large room', which wasn't what I would call large, but very comfy all the same. It's the only room with an ensuite bathroom, which definitely was large, with a good shower. Best of all was the little balcony overlooking the pedestrianised main street and the river, with a flower market on Saturday morning. I was a bit worried it might be noisy at night, but the double glazing on the french doors meant I slept like a log. The only noise came from other guests opening / closing thier doors, but that didn't bother me.
Javi was delightful and Gerona was lovely. The location of the B&B is perfect, only 10 mins walk from the station, and less to the main sites of the old town. There's a great little market just across the river - perfect for buying bread / cheese / olives for lunch.
I particularly appreciated the fact that the room rate was significantly reduced for single occupancy - not always the case in hotels or B&Bs. All in all, a great experience. I'd return tomorrow if I could!

Date of stay: May 2010
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank lovecats65
Reviewed 4 February 2010

We liked this hotel. When we went we could only get the ¨small room¨ which is really small! It has a metal bunkbed so it was noisy when sleeping and moving. The walls were also really thin. It was a great place though!!! Breakfast was muffins, yogurt, cereals, coffee, tea, homemade brownies and cake. Had a great time. Ladies- Hairdryer in the bathroom. Very central location in the old jewish quarter. Take the stairs or elevator to the second floor.

Date of stay: January 2010
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 September 2009

I stayed here with my aged mum & Javi was helpful without being obtrusive. The building is pretty and well located, and the flat containing the rooms is sober, tastefully decorated and clean. Beds are simple but adequate. Breakfast modest but good.

Date of stay: November 2007
Reviewed 25 September 2009

I stayed at Bells Oficis at the end of June. Javier was extremely helpful and friendly. I stayed in the tiny room which is tiny; however, since I was spending very little time at the B & B, this did not matter to me. Everyone morning, Javier, provided a small but satisfying continental breakfast. I stayed for two nights and found no problems sharing the clean bathroom. During my two nights in Girona, my husband was staying in Barcelona. Since our cell phones were not working in Spain, Javier kindly offered their phone to talk to my husband each night. This was a godsend. Girona is a beautiful city. I loved my time there. I was volunteering at the Mona Chimp Sanctuary and highly recommend a visit to the sanctuary. In addition, since I speak very little spanish, I was grateful Javier spoke English so fluently. I would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: June 2009
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 7 August 2009

We stayed in Bells for three nights with my girlfriend in July 2009. We did not book in advance and sort of stumbled onto this place, and were pleasantly suprised. Javier, the manager, spoke very good English and went out of his way to accomodate us. He definitely loves his job, and it shows! We were travelling for a while at this time, and Javier personally did all of our laudry! We were sceptical about the shared bathroom at first, but it did not bother us in the end, as there were only three other rooms we were sharing with. The building is over 100 years old, with some of the original tiling still intact, which added to the whole cultural experience. The location is also unbeatable, with minutes to the old town, the cathedral, cafes and shops. Also, there was internet available. We would definitely recommend this place, if you can get room!

Date of stay: July 2009