“demasiado rico!”

Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Gracias a los hermanos Roca... just an amazing experience for the second time. One suggestion tough: do not take the wine package but let you guide through the huge wine book by the staff and discover regional wines. ENJOY

Reviewed 20 August 2014

I have been to this place four times in the last two years with friends and family, and I definitely think this is one of the most enjoyable food experiences I ever had. This place is located in a quite humble area of Girona, where the Roca family has their roots. The restaurant is very well decorated and feels like someones house, with a beautiful porch and a living area. The kitchen could be visited if you request as well as the wine cellar. One of the most remarkable things of the Celler is the fact that three brothers are running the place and they are amazing at what they do, (pastry chef, sommelier and chef). It is quite common to find their families hanging out at the porch, their kids playing with the family puppy or grandma still popping into the kitchen. I love the fact that is so natural and spontaneous, gives you a family surroundings feeling. The food is amazing, not molecular, not lab invented, just plain food with of course a modern and creative twist, but nothing that could offend you or make you feel uncomfortable. Here you will use your fork and knife to eat and cut. The tasting menu is top, and the shrimp and "contesa" of asparagus is a must try dish. The wine cellar is one of the most reasonable priced I have ever seen in such a restaurant. The dessert is over the top and the sweets and petit four are delicious. This is not a two hour place so I always try to go during lunch time rather than dinner, because it could get very long. (4-5 hours easily). I honestly admire the job that this family is doing, how humble and honest they are at their job and how amazing they make you feel at their home. You should visit this place no matter what ranking they are at The San Pellegrino Top 50 restaurants.

1  Thank Alkatrunk
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I won't bore you with superlatives. I can honestly say that this is one of the best restaurants I have ever eaten in. It may not have the wonderful setting you got at el bulli but the restaurant itself is beautiful. The food is sublime and the wine flight is well judged with some interesting wines

2  Thank GourmetGoose
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

My husband surprised me for my Birthday last October 2013. He made a reservation online good for 4 persons after they announced the Best Restaurant in the World. We had the wonderful experience of being able to eat here at The No. 1 Best Restaurant in the World 2013. The service was excellent right from the start through to the finish, and the food was incredible. The presentation was very artistic too. We had an amazing 17-course Meal each person. It was an Unforgettable Night for me, my mother, my niece and of course my husband :-).

5  Thank AFilipinaTraveller
Reviewed 11 August 2014

What an amazing experience....a 60th birthday treat. We had the full menu and opted for the wine with each course. Splendid food, splendid service, informal and a real experience. I only hope to return one day !

1  Thank Granville O