“Potentially lovely”

The Bailiwick
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

Food was tasty although warm rather than hot.

Dogs welcome (great if you like dogs).

£40 for 2 dins and 2 drinks.

Service was good until the end; card machine had trouble so had to wait and eventually start again with another machine. The guy serving us barely mumbled an apology, made no eye contact and gave no acknowledgement of the tip (which I would have like to have withdrawn given the last 5 minutes).

Won't be rushing back.

1  Thank SunshineRocksEngland

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Second visit in a month and have to say the same great service, food and ambiance. They even accommodated our fussy party who wanted a table indoors (but in the bar as we had a dog with us), then outside because the weather was great, then back inside again when it became overcast! They moved us and the smiles and craic never changed. Great job, Dennis and team. We always feel extremely welcome and spend hours over lunch as its such a splendid spot. well run, well managed, well staffed - doesn't get much better.

2  Thank mikie1411
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Always have lovely food and great service here! Beautiful location and perfect for a walk before or after a big sunday roast. Dog friendly and staff always welcoming. Have often been for just dessert!
Free parking.

2  Thank Jess B
Reviewed 27 July 2014

It was my first time back at the Bailywick for about 5 years and in that time the restaurant has had some bad reviews both from friends and Tripadvisor reviewers, one saying 'truly awful'.
That review needs to be removed now as I found the Sunday roast beef truly excellent and the staff very attentive and friendly. This great little oasis right by the Park and close to Saville Gardens makes it a great alternative to the Fox and Hounds just up the road.
Give it another go and you will not regret it.

2  Thank SmudgerStaines
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Thought I would try out this pub as I'm working in the area over the summer and fancied a bit of good quality food. Usually, back home, I'm a bit spoilt for choice when it comes to gastropubs and high quality eateries, so I tend to have high expectations when it comes to food! One of my pet hates is pubs which masquerade as gastropubs with a fancy menu, but that don't deliver on taste or quality. However this luckily was not the case at the Bailiwick, and I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of my meal (I chose the duck and creamy polenta.) It was delicious, although perhaps for the price I paid, I'd have liked a side dish of fresh seasonal vegetables. Other reviewers have commented on the service, however I found the service to be just fine, perhaps even a little too prompt ( I know, you can't please everyone ) but I do like to have a bit of a breather between courses, and not feel too rushed. But that's just me. Overall I would recommend The Bailiwick if you are after a good quality meal in a well-decorated gastropub in a peaceful location.

1  Thank TropiGal82