Booking in advance by their web you can get a 20% discount offer which includes free tickets for the rack railway or "cremallera" train (tickets are to be collected at Monistrol station, before going up the mountain).
Do not expect much for room with views, as the area of the Monastery is quite enclosed amon vertical stone walls.
This is nice accomodation in a good sized room, which has two separate beds (not a double one) with good and firm matresses, bathroom with bathtub and shower with strong water flow, flat TV aprox 21'' (only local channels, though), and free wifi signal available all along (although advertised as only available in public areas). Also, you have individual room heating
control, as the place gets chilly in the evening.
Buffet breakfast is excellent (real orange juice, yogurt with honey, "pa amb tomaquet", home pudding, decent self service coffee machine, some details like fresh figs).
Details to improve in room:
* acustic isolation (some noise of banging doors can be heard).
* no hairdrier
* pillow too flat in bed for my tastes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The building that now houses the Hotel Abat Cisneros has provided accommodation for pilgrims since its original construction in 1563. The conversion of this old monastery building into a hostel in the late 1950s effectively turned it into an establishment of outstanding interest. Later reforms modernised the facilities, ensuring that services provided to guests by the Hotel Abat Cisneros meet the highest standards as regards quality and comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel Abat Cisneros reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Abat Cisneros Hotel