“Business Resort”
Review of Melia Sitges

Melia Sitges
Ranked #3 of 40 Hotels in Sitges
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I was at Melia Sitges for a offsite Management Meet. There are many beautiful restaurants within 15 min of walk from the Hotel.

The Hotel is located very close to the sea and is walking distance from the Church of Sant Bartomeu i Santa Tecla. The hotel decor is modern and contemporary.

The rooms are spacious and every room has an attach balcony which overlooks the swimming pool and the sea. My room was on the top floor (6th) which gave a fantastic view of the sea and the coast line. The balcony is spacious and has a coffee table with 2 chairs. For obvious reasons, I found it more relaxing to spend time in the balcony than in my room. The air conditioning was not working at times and the room would get warm on a sunny day. The bed comfort was average.

The Hotel has a good spread for breakfast. I had all my lunches at the hotel and found the food delicious. The staff is very courteous and helpful. Most of them are fluent with English.

The meeting rooms are situated in the basement (-1) of the hotel and therefore it lacks natural light. The rooms are spacious and relatively sound proof.

Overall a great place for an offsite meeting for management teams.

Room Tip: Try to get the room on the 6th Floor facing the sea.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Mitul M
MeliaSitges, Director General at Melia Sitges, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear Mitul M,

First of all we want to thank you your comments in Trip Advisor.
We are glad to see that you had a good experience at Meliá Sitges. However, we regret that our air conditioning was not working as expected and we take good note of your opinions.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

I had a wonderful stay at the Melia Sitges Hotel last week. The front desk staff were very helpful, the bar staff were so attentive and the food was great.
The breakfast was so great I didn’t need to eat lunch.
The walk into Sitges from the hotel was short but pleasant and there were plenty of coffee shops and restaurants in Sitges to enjoy.
The view from my hotel room was beautiful and I will be returning to this hotel very soon!
Robyn

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Robyn C
MeliaSitges, Director General at Melia Sitges, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear Robyn C,

Thank you very much for taking the time of writing such a positive comments. We are very glad you have enjoyed your stay and experienced how inspiring Sitges can be. We feel very proud about your feedback regarding our staff; people is our first concern and make us very happy when our customers feel so well treated.
Thank you very much and hope to see you soon back here in Melia Sitges.
Best regards

Reviewed 15 March 2014

Very modern hotel 5 minutes from the marina. We upgraded to a beautiful room with fantastic views and it was well worth it. The staff in the bar were excellent. Would recommend and will probably return.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International
MeliaSitges, Director General at Melia Sitges, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Dear Sonja O,

First of all, I would like to thank you for having chosen us again for your last stay in Sitges, as well as for taking your time to post your opinion on Tripadvisor.

It is a pleasure for us to know that our customers feel comfortable and glad with our facilities and services because this is the main goal.

We hope to welcome you soon at the hotel and we appreciate your trust in our services and facilities.

Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

The seen is very beautiful I was upgraded almost for free for a see view room and the rooms are very clean. I was astonished by the simplicity and majesty of the hotel . But there is lack of bell men when I arrived I couldn't find bellman to help me to my room.
Any way I will come back again to same hotel but this time for leisure

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear Nazaryia,

First of all, I would like to thank you for having taken the time to share your comments about your experience in our hotel.

It’s a pleasure to know that we achieved your expectations regarding our services and we are happy to know that you could recover your laptop case.

We would be delighted of welcoming you back again and making feel as comfortable as you have transmitted us through your comments.

Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed the hotel while world mobile congress. This time hotels in Barcelona have extreme high prices which is unreasonable. Melia Sitges just nice place for that. Rent a car and you are ok to reach Barcelona and other places. Hotel is very good. Breakfast is very rich so everyone can find what he want. Additionally Stiges is nice place to walk. Have a fun.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear IgorUBelousov,

First of all, I would like to thank you for having chosen us for your last stay in Sitges, as well as for taking the time to post your opinion on Tripadvisor.

As you say, our privileged location, allows our customers to go 20 minutes drive from the fair where the Mobile Congress takes place and walking to Sitges downtown in 15 minutes and in 5 minutes to the beach.

We hope you enjoyed your stay in Sitges and we look forward to welcoming you soon.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

We stayed here for a few nights during the world mobile conference. I flew out a day later than my husband with our 2 year old daughter. When we arrived we went to the bar/restaurant for something to eat and the staff were just fantastic to my daughter and I. They got her helping them and gave her chocolates. The stay was fantastic. The location is good, right by the marina (although lots of steps unless you walk round the long way) and about 10-15 min walk in to the main town but along the coast so nice views.
One down side is you have to pay to use the gym and the indoor pool which a 7 euros per adult per use seems a bit much.

Room Tip: Try to get one overlooking the marina. The view across the Med and of the boats is lovely.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank lisacw

Dear lisacw,

First of all, thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Meliá Sitges.

It is great to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us and it is a pleasure for us to know that you were delighted with the hotel facilities and our staff.

We are constantly working on providing our very best services for our guests, and we are glad to see that our attempts are appreciated.

The entire staff is looking forward to welcome you back again in the near future!

Reviewed 26 February 2014

Only stayed one night at the hotel but the view from the balcony was beautiful. In front the harbour, to the left the open sea and to the right the old town. The walk around the harbour to the beach was delightful - lots of restaurants and bistro bars. Meeting space very good for conferences etc.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear frequent,

I am sure your words and comments will help us to stimulate and motivate all our team to work on continuous improvement

We will be delighted to welcome you back and provide you our best to make your stay an amazing experience.