Hotel Estela Barcelona - Hotel del Arte
Hotel El Cid(Sitges)(Great Value!)
US$75
  • Breakfast included
US$251
US$239
  • Pool
Sunway Playa Golf Hotel & Spa(Sitges)(Great Value!)
US$121
  • Pool
Hotel Subur Maritim(Sitges)(Great Value!)
US$128
Dolce Sitges(Sitges)
US$177
US$172
Hotel Medium Sitges Park(Sitges)(Great Value!)
US$166
US$136
Melia Sitges(Sitges)
US$122
US$104
Melia.com
  • Pool
All reviewsunique artyacht harborminute walkport areainteresting hotelpiano musicdefinitely stay at this hotel againwonderful hotelsea viewhear noisehotel is locatedspacious roombarcelona airporthalf boardquiet arearestaurants and barslong weekend
Reviewed 15 August 2013

This is a hotel with a nice terrace where you can serve breakfast, lunch or dinner, but where you can also be robbed. I left my purse on the back of my chair, and it was stolen while i was eating my breakfast.(i lost all my ID and passport, being on the point of not leaving in time). The staff naturally told me that there are people from the port who steal and that was not their problem.
My question is: if you are indeed a manager of a four star hotel who wants to satisfy your guests, why don`t you care about your terrace, why don`t you put a guardian for the safety of the guests? maybe a thief can come and hurt me, trying to stole my goods, so the hotel will say it is all right? I don`t think so, if you respect your guests, than you look after their security.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
HOTELESTELA, Director Comercial at Hotel Estela Barcelona - Hotel del Arte, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2013

Dear Sir,

On August 13 there was a robbery without violence, where your bag was stolen when it was hanging on the back of your chair on our terrace of the Hotel Estela.

From Hotel Estela, we want to point out that all the safety features worked properly and so we made it available to the police. We gave them all the recordings from our security cameras along with your corresponding complaint so that they can identify perpetrators and take the appropriate provisions.

Anyway we insist on the need for the victim of the robbery (you) to interpose the corresponding denounce to the police so that they can carry out the needed actions.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 13 August 2013

We just returned from our holiday in Sitges. The hotel is in a quiet and beautiful area, so for those who are looking a place to relax is perfect.
The breakfast was great, the dinner also, just one observation some days it was served very slowly.
Everything was all right until one day when something unpleasant happened. Between 11.00-14.30 when we were at the beach our money disappeared from our room. Of course we reported this at the reception but no one was surprised about it. They just checked the key found that no one else was in the room beside us and the maid. What bothered me it was the attitude, because I noticed that robbery is accepted since everyone behaving like something normal happened. I never thought that in 4 stars hotel something like this might happen. Definitely was our mistake too because we left the money in the room, but from now one we will be more cautious. So, be careful!!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank 833Laura
Reviewed 11 August 2013

This is a very good hotel in a great location as youre only a stones throw from the beachfront. The rooms are quite clean, the air con is very good, the beds are reasonably comfortable, the wet areas are well maintained and all the staff seemed very polite and only to willing to help if need be. The breakfast is nice with a good variety of foods. The walk to the town site and train station is easy enough and there are ample restaurants close by that are well priced with above average meals. The swimming pool is average size and kept to a high standard. Noise between rooms and from the street front doesn't appear to be an issue which ensures a good night slept is had by all. Also a bonus in the rooms is a small fridge which certainly makes life easier. All in all I would definitely stay at this hotel again when I return to Sitges.

Room Tip: Get a room on the third floor that overlooks the beach
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2013

We are staying at this hotel as I type this and we think it's fantastic. The price for 7 nights with breakfast in high season was very reasonable as Sitges is buzzing during the summer. Yes the hotel is about 20 minutes walk from the centre of sitges but it's a beautiful walk through the port and along the coast - past the nudist beach! To the reviewer who thought this was disgusting ... do your research! Sitges is a popular gay resort and has a nudist beach if that's offensive go somewhere else. We had no problem walking past here everyday with our five yr old daughter.

Onto the hotel itself - it's very quiet and peaceful so you can sit on your balcony and listen to the sea. We were on floor 1 and still had a sea view. There's a nice beach literallly across the road which is so convenient. We also had an 'art room' which although not really to my taste suited the feel of the hotel. The art within the hotel does seem to feature the naked female form quite heavily but again it's not offensive. I really liked the big piranha made from recycled drink cans in the restaurant.

Practicalities - if you get the bus from Barcelona airport you get dropped off in town so best to get a taxi to the hotel,as it's a bit far to walk with cases. The rooms could do with a refurb but to be honest for the price you can't really grumble. They seem to be cool about you putting your own drinks etc in the fridge which some hotels don't allow. The staff are all very friendly and helpful especially in the restaurant. The breakfast is very good with some lovely pastries but maybe another 1 or 2 nespresso machines would help. The restaurant IRIS is fantastic! I normally avoid hotel restaurant but this one is very good. The risottos are just amazing! The prices very reasonable for the level of quality and service very good. A few more vegetarian,options would be good but other than that superb.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Allan L
Reviewed 17 July 2013

Just back our Summer holidays from the Hotel Estela. The hotel is in Port de Sitges Aiguadolç, a beautiful area just 20 minute walk from Sitges sitting next to the marina and amongst the restaurants and bars in the port area. It took just 20 minutes from Barcelona El Prat Terminal 1 on a transfer taxi from Resort Hoppa. Very good service.
The hotel itself is quite small and family owned. We booked half board for eight nights. This allows for breakfast and either lunch or dinner. The breakfast is fine, nothing spectacular but more than adequate. The main meals however are fantastic. The quality of food is tremendous. If you like good food then this is the place for you. The set menu for half board changes every day with a choice from three of each for a starter, main meal and desert. The fish dishes are particularly impressive with fresh clams, mussels, king prawns, hake etc.. We also had a pleasant surprise that half board also includes drinks with your meal, which for our family of 4 included soft drinks for the kids, water and for the adults beer and wine (bottle).
We had a deluxe room overlooking the beach. As the sun shone into our room for the best part of the day the room became quite hot leaving the air-conditioner struggling to cool it down. Sleeping was not a problem, though. The hotel thankfully does not have the usual naff in house entertainment that many establishments in Spain have. No noise whatsoever at night giving us all a great sleep.
The pool area has two pools, one large and one generously sized kids pool. It opens from 9am till 8pm and has a snack bar open from Fridays to Sundays where you can purchase cold drinks or snacks. On some days we had the whole area to ourselves. On others it was quite busy but never a real problem.
The guests in the hotel are a mixture. Holiday makers to people on business. It also caters for weddings, the last weekend had three weddings on Friday, Saturday & Sunday evening. The staff skilfully cordon off normal guests from Wedding guests, so no interruption to either groups. When we were their the holiday makers were mainly from Sweden, Finland, Russia, Ireland, Holland, Germany and as well as many Spanish holidaymakers.
The Hotel itself is basically an art gallery showing off the talents of the resident artist. Some interesting pieces of artwork that are ALL for sale.
The walk to Sitges is about 15-20 minutes at most and takes you past the nudist beach, which the kids found to be amusing. Sitges itself is a lovely town and very busy in July.
In closing I would come back to this hotel. In fact, I WILL go back, I was that impressed! My initial reservations that the kids would be bored and would not find anything to eat or anyone to play with were immediately dispelled. They had a great time, so a stamp of approval from them is good enough for me!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family