“Basic it nice”
Review of Hotel Subur

Hotel Subur
Ranked #12 of 40 Hotels in Sitges
Reviewed 12 September 2013 via mobile

Great location for everything we needed, came for bears wk 2013.
Got upgraded to a better room with out any hassle not that our original room was bad just wanted a bigger 1 with a balcony. Friendly staff and ro was always clean

• Stayed: September 2013
hsubur, Assistant Manager at Hotel Subur, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2013

Dear Chris E,

Thank you for share your comments about your recent stay at our Hotel. Your feedback is very important to us and we value your opinion.

If we can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact us directly by phone or e-mail. Thank you again for taking the time to comment on Tripadvisor. I hope you'd enjoyed BearsWk’13 and you will enjoy again in your next stay in Sitges with us!

Grup M.A. S.L.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,141)

Reviewed 5 September 2013

This was the 3rd time I stay at this hotel.
Location: Couldn't be better - just a few steps away from anything in town.
Cleaning: Nothing to complain about.
Noise: Lots of party noise in this area during nights - you'll have to accept that, and the windows filters out some of it. The noise from inside the building is much worse! Sometimes I thought I had forgotten to close the door (which seemed to be thin as paper). Both the cleaning staff and not least the neighbour guests slammed the doors as if they not for a second reflected that other people might be disturbed. Lucky for me, I always bring earplugs when I travel, so I could sleep well despite this, both at nights and during my afternoon naps.
Air conditioner: Worked well, but a bit noisy though.
Bed: Hard, or maybe I should say firm. Perfect for me, and probably satisfactory for anyone who dislikes soft beds!
Staff: Reasonably - and in some cases very - friendly and helpful (with one exception, read more below) and speak English more or less satisfactory.
Breakfast: At earlier visits I found the breakfast great, but this time the selection of food had been noticeably reduced. (The last days of my stay even the yoghurt disappeared!). Now I would say the breakfast is quite good - but could be a bit better for the price. The coffee is very tasty, though - an important advantage! If you arrive after 8 o'clock you can sit outside and enjoy your breakfast overviewing the boardwalk - very nice.
One BIG disappointment: Three of the mornings there was a young woman working at the breakfast who obviously had got NO instructions about service and friendliness, and had no natural talent for her work. 100% of the time she looked sour and grumpy. Not for one single second she showed a smile. Anything shed said sounded angry, as if the guests were annoying troubles in her life. It may sound like I'm hypersensitive, but meeting a person like that can really ruin the start of your day!
On top of all: The 5th morning (the 3rd morning this sour woman saw me at breakfast), she suddenly came up to me with a 9€ bill for the breakfast, though I had already booked "breakfast included". Now, if she had said "I'm really sorry for the mistake" with a friendly smile, I had said "Don't worry" and forgotten about it, but her only reply was "OK, thanks" (and of course without any smile), so the start of this day was really, really ruined, and I was irritated all morning.
I am NOT the demanding and whining type of customer - I seldom find reason to complain - but if I was the boss of this person I would fire her at once!
All in all: If you want to live right in the middle of town, use the room primarily for showering and sleeping, accept having to wear earplugs for silence, at quite a low price, I can really recommend this hotel. (Breakfast is optional, and in the end I think it's worth the price.)

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank KristianPersson

Dear KristianPersson,

Thank you for write your opinion about your recent stay at our Hotel. Your feedback is very important to us and we value your comments. We'll take note about your tips about our facilities and specially we’ll investigate all of your comments regarding breakfast service and the staff working on it.

If we can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact us directly by phone or e-mail. Thank you again for taking the time to comment on Tripadvisor. I hope that you’ll chose again our Hotel in your next stay in Sitges!

Reviewed 2 September 2013

I did not book this hotel so cannot really speak for the rates etc, but I did read some of the reviews prior to checking in. 1st impressions are, great central location overlooking the beach and minutes from the town centre. The main lobby is bright and modern and the staff were helpful and friendly. Our room was very large with not so much a balcony, but a terrace overlooking the beach. When you look a bit closer at the fixtures and fittings you can see that the hotel is in need of a bit of modernisation that a recent lick of paint does not entirely disguise.

I found a few other reviews that talk about the hotel being noisy and complaining about the Sports bar underneath. Well Sitges is a party town and you are right in the middle of it here, so what can you expect as the windows are single glazing. But I found internally there was a lot of noise as the doors are old and thin, and they are gaps around the edges, to the extent that at one point I thought there was someone else in my room when someone was outside in the corridor talking.

This having been said, the rooms were clean and air conditioned. We spent very little time at the hotel and slept soundly throughout the night. If you are looking for a place to sleep off the night before and shower after the beach then this hotel will suit you down to the ground.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Sebastian H,

Like you said, we need to improve some facilities, our Hotel opened in 1916, so the build every year needs refurbishments, thank you for your clear tips and for read other reviews and give us your opinion.

If we can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact us directly by phone or e-mail. Thank you again for taking the time to comment on Tripadvisor. I hope that you will enjoy again in your next stay in Sitges with us!

Reviewed 31 August 2013

Hi Isabel.
Can you give me 10 reasons to stay in your hotel this October. I have read all the reviews and am in douth whether to stay or not. The price looks good and the location but some of the comments scare me.So can you reassure me before i book
Thanking you
Joe

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo

Dear EILEEN320,

Thank you for leave your comments on Tripadvisor.

I cannot give you more reasons than other guests, reviews are clear and like other hotels we have very strong and positive points and some negative points. Our main attractive is location, we’re in the center of Sitges in front of the beach near train station, bars, restaurants, shops, etc... We’re basic 3* Hotel with different type of rooms and every room has different size. On the other side we have some negative points like the soundproofing (street noise), we’re working on it!.

If we can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact us directly by phone or e-mail. I hope that you'll reserve our Hotel in your next visit to Sitges!

Reviewed 20 August 2013

Hotel Subur is in an ideal location, directly across from beach and within a couple of minutes walk from shops, bars and restaurants. I couldn't have wished for a better location. We had a penthouse room which was fantastic, very large terrace with sunloungers, table and chairs and also a fridge. Views amazing. Helpful friendly staff including the reception staff who were always pleasant and helpful. Rooms were cleaned to a high standard and the cleaners were also very friendly. I would recommend Hotel Suber penthouse rooms and would return again. We never heard any noise whatsoever from the street at night and always had a good nights sleep

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Lulu851
hsubur, Assistant Manager at Hotel Subur, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Dear Lulu851,

Thank you for write your opinion about your recent stay at our Hotel. Your feedback is very important to us and we value your comments (thank you for your nice comments about our Staff and Penthouse rooms). By telling us what you liked and how we can improve, you're helping us to offer a better experience for you and other guests in the future.

Reviewed 16 August 2013

Great location - close to night life but not direct facing it, thus rather quite., 50 m from the beach.
Overall facilities are a bit outdated however not bad for a 3* hotel, at least its defi not worse the majority of 3* hotels in Spain.
p.s. no fridge and poor wi-fi connection in rooms situated far from the stairs/lift is a minus

Room Tip: Good choice to stay in Sitges, especially if staying in the room is not your priority
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear RBeglov,

Thank you for write your opinion about your recent stay at our Hotel. Your feedback is very important to us and we value your comments. We'll take note about your tips about our facilities and services in rooms. Regarding Wi-fi signal since last month we are using a new technology (wimax). With this change the signal is arriving correctly in all rooms and the speed is faster than before.

Reviewed 6 August 2013

Enjoyed a fabulous week in Sitges in June/July. Subur Hotel was great value for money, excellent location. Arrived early on 1st day and room was available immediately, which I didn't expect. Receptionist was very friendly and provided all essential information. I had requested a sea view room when I booked via Alpharooms, but it was not guaranteed. Contacted the hotel before arrival and they advised the hotel was full and could not guarantee. Room 111 was provided which does offer a side sea view. Perhaps request a room on the 3rd or 4th floor if noise is an issue. There is a busy street alongside. There was a noise issue with a couple of guests but overall this was dealt with quite speedily. I have re booked to go back in September for a belated birthday treat and hope it is as good, if not better 2nd time around. Again I have requested a sea view room, fingers crossed. Great value for money and superb location.
Graham Bradbury
ggraham969@aol.com

Room Tip: Request sea view and upper floors. Rooms 101, 103, 105, 107, 109, 111 or alternate on other floors p...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
hsubur, Assistant Manager at Hotel Subur, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2013

Dear brad969,

Thank you for write your opinion about your stay at our Hotel. Your feedback is very important to us and we value your comments. By telling us what you liked and how we can improve, you're helping us to offer a better experience for you and other guests in the future.

If we can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact us directly by phone or e-mail. Thank you again for taking the time to comment on Tripadvisor. We hope to see again in September and hope to enhance your experience on the first stay.

Grup M.A. S.L