“Make this your first stop in Sitges”
Review of Hotel Galeon

Hotel Galeon
Ranked #2 of 40 Hotels in Sitges
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I had read the reviews before I booked and was not disappointed. Travelled Solo and booked through Travel Republic.

Reception: Excellent and all my questions were answered, I was given a map of the area and everywhere I wanted to visit explained with timings.

Room: Bbig and very clean, it was at the front and I never heard a sound,I slept well.

WiFi: You are given a voucher for 3 days , I was there for 6 but had no difficulty getting another voucher. The wifi works in the room and at the pool and is quick.

Breakfast: As good if not better than any cruise. I ordered a poached egg each morning and it was cooked to perfection, the waiter (don't know his name) remembered me. The freshly squeezed orange juice was delicious and the variety for breads, cheeses, meats, fish, I could go on and on was outstanding.

Pool: Lots of chairs and loungers, the pool was a bit cold but there were people swimming, for those who prefer it a bit warmer there was also a hot tub. The two days I spent at the pool were hot and there was ice cold lemonade with sprigs of mint to keep one hydrated.

Afternoon Tea: This is served free, from 3pm and consists of various teas and cakes - loved it.

Dinner: When I booked with Travel Republic they offer me half board for £1 per night and I took it. The dinner is buffet and as I was there for six nights it was a bit repetitive but for £1 I certainly can't complain. If I had been there with other people I would probably have gone to one of the many restaurants in Sitges for my evening meal. As I was solo and spent 2 of my 6 days in Barcelona, arriving back at 8PM it suited me fine and there was always a Pork Roast or Chops, a different fish each night, different pasta and a stew for main course. Starters were a large variety of salads and always a soup.

I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to anyone, it is excellent value for money and the wonderful staff will make sure your stay is memorable.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
GerenciaSitges, Gerente at Hotel Galeon, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2014

Thank you for your lovely comments and for taking the time to post on Trip Advisor. We are happy also for your appreciation of the Breakfast
It was an absolute pleasure to have you stay and we would welcome a return visit sometime in the future!
Kind regards,

Reviewed 17 May 2014

We stayed for 3 days at the galeon and the less to be said is terrific !
Great welcome (with sparkling wine on a roof terrace in front of the med. sea), great staff, a nice pool with jacuzzi.
A particular point to the breakfast buffet, huge, good, and free !
With the Rincon del pepe, the restaurant of another hotel of the same group, you have the perfect package
Really, the Galeon is with no doubt the best place to stay in Sitges.

Room Tip: We had the room #210, on the main street. Don't Forget to open the windows to feel Sitges' s...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your wonderful review and for taking the time to post it, it's very much appreciated!
We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay in Sitges.

Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

Lovely hotel, spread over 2 buildings, in the old town of Sitges. Some of the public area decor is a little dated but everything else about the hotel is wonderful - lovely pool, great breakfast (served 8-12!), excellent location, comfortable rooms with wifi, kettle, fridge, ac and TV. Great value for money. Close to airport bus stop and train station. Recommend this hotel 100%.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for posting a review, it's really appreciated.
We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us

Reviewed 15 May 2014

We have stayed here before and it was good then, but this hotel seems to get better and better. We stayed in the annex this time in a superior room, and boy was it "superior". The bed was enormous, and I mean enormous.. We had a big balcony and a power shower with the biggest shower-head I`ve ever seen. There was a free safe, free computer use, free lemonade at one o´clock, free afternoon tea between three and six o´clock, free beach towels(deposit), free beach parasol(deposit), and free tea, coffee and drinking chocolate from a machine in the annex foyer. I DEFY ANYONE TO BEAT THAT FOR THE PRICE.. The staff are brilliant and will do anything they can to help you.. The breakfast is fabulous with champagne (Cava), and it is open until twelve o´clock.. A TRULY BRILLIANT HOTEL.

Room Tip: Get a superior room in the annex.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
GerenciaSitges, Gerente at Hotel Galeon, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2014

Thank you for the most wonderful review, its hosting people like yourselves, and indeed the vast majority of our guests, that make our job worthwhile! Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Good location, friendly staff and a surprisingly grand choice for breakfast. Rooms comfortable & have everything you need for a short break. Considering the location, I did not hear any noise from either outside the hotel or from other guests coming and going. I would certainly return to this hotel again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

We would love to have you come and stay with us again, thank you for your compliments and for taking the time to post a review.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Stayed here again this year after having a brilliant ime last year. We stayed last year slightly earlier , in April and had a great time. We requested a room with a balcony but when we got there there was no balcony. Didn't realise that all the rooms in this hotel didn't have a balcony ..... We must have been just lucky last year. Why can you not choose to pay extra for a room with a balcony like in most hotels ??? I would have gladly paid. It has put me off returning to this hotel as I would not risk staying here again. The room itself was fine, though not as nice as the one last year ( both were in the main hotel ) the food at breakfast was fine but again didn't seem as much choice as last year, I don't think I would return to this hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
GerenciaSitges, Gerente at Hotel Galeon, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Thank you so much for expressing your candid opinión.
We regret so much the misunderstood about the balcony because we really offer the option to have one if you pay the extra, as you express. That rooms are called superior and are located all of them at Pavillon building. We will remain working hard in breakfast trying you and future guest find it suitable as possible. This year also improved a new menú with hot dishes to have it inmediatly cooked and served.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Just returned from another great stay here. This time we stayed in the main part of the hotel on half-board basis - tremendous value in terms of the room and the food. The buffet breakfast is fantastic and the dinner buffet has a wide range of salads/starters plus several good fish, meat and vegetarian main courses and plenty of decent desserts. We found the room facing the street to be a little noisy on the weekend nights with inconsiderate people screaming/shouting between 2am-6am (our room in the Annexe last year was definately quieter). However, a bit of disturbed sleep is a minor irritation when you consider the great location and the value of the hotel (and the beds are so comfy, too!). It's no wonder the hotels in this group are always booked months ahead and have such a loyal set of guests who return year after year. Looking forward already to our next visit in October!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
GerenciaSitges, Gerente at Hotel Galeon, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Thank you, for the lovely things you said.
I guess the highest compliment we can be paid as accommodation providers, is to have guests return and enjoy their stay for another time, thank you for that and for your company. Thank you very much.