Hotel Galeon
Urh Sitges Playa Hotel(Sitges)(Great Value!)
US$127
  • Pool
Hotel Medium Sitges Park(Sitges)(Great Value!)
US$116
US$263
US$161
Official website
  • Pool
Hotel MIM Sitges(Sitges)(Great Value!)
US$154
US$165
US$114
Melia.com
  • Pool
Hotel Subur Maritim(Sitges)(Great Value!)
US$147
Elvoline
1,306 results
All reviewsafternoon teasister hotelthe main hotelgaleon paviliongreat hotelsuperior roomtrain stationannex buildingpool areauntil nooncentral locationbuffet breakfasthuge bedpastriesshort walk to the beachbreakfast was amazingfree safe
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 February 2010

Really well maintained hotel which is a real bargain, especially if you come out of season. The rooms haven,t been re furbished so if your looking for glamorous decoration perhaps this is not for you. However the communal areas have had a bit of a makeover since last year and the hotel is well maintained and spotless. The breakfast in the morning is a good mix of local produce and standard tourist fare with a choice and quality of a higher star hotel.

Clientele is a mix of gay tourists, families and weekenders from other parts of Spain

We have been coming to Sitges for several years and only discovered this place two years ago.I would highly recommend it for anyone looking for budget prices with a reasonable degree of comfort.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ActonStuart
Reviewed 26 January 2010

Returned from the Galeon at the end of September 2009, and thought I would share my thoughts of our wonderful 17 night stay.

This hotel is excellent. I would be hard pressed to fault it. First things first the breakfast buffet is one of the best I have seen and I have stayed in many hotels. The selection is huge, from a tradition full English to some really weird and wonderful things. Chocolate fondants and ice cream is not my kind of breakfast, nor is lime and coconut jelly, but those were just some of the many things on offer.

We stayed in the Pavilion which is located in the street behind the main hotel. You can go though the main hotel to reach it or you can walk around the block. . These rooms come with a fridge, which is a real bonus. You also have access to free Internet and free coffee and hot chocolate at the vending machine in the foyer

The only issue I have would be security. You have to buzz to gain access to the hotel, this is fine, but a few friends of mine came to meet us at the hotel and managed to gain access even though they were not guests. Also on a few occasions the doors were left open. I did suggest to the hotel that they change this aspect of the security (perhaps to card access?)

The location of the hotel is perfect,. It has plantyjust a 2 minute walk to the hustle and bustle of the centre.

Just a few doors down from the Pavilion is a great little French restaurant called Les Infants Terribles. The food is some of the best we had in sitges. The Calves Liver is amazing - It’s really good value too.

Sitges itself was even more expensive this year, not only is the exchange rate bad but all the bars have put up the prices of drinks. 5 euros for a small beer in some bars is just stupid. A lot of the more expensive restaurants have started to offer set menus. The 25 euro 4 course set menu at The Beach House is really fantastic. I urge anyone going to Sitges to try out this great little restaurant.

I guess your expectation might depend on how much you pay to stay at the Galeon, but we paid very little, and were very, very pleased with what we got! So much so we have booked to stay here again in May 2010.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank chimaira34
Reviewed 10 November 2009

This is a simple, clean, fairly priced hotel that is very centrally located. Our room was compact but immaculate; the bed was comfortable and there was a small patio which was the ideal place to enjoy some cava as the sun set. Given the price, I wasn't expecting much, but I was pleasantly surprised when I opened the door to our room. We were in the newer Pavillion part which is just across the street from the hotel pool. Given the accessibility to the beach, we didn't spend time at the hotel pool. The breakfast buffet was also outstanding.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jaynedeaux
Reviewed 5 November 2009

A lovely hotel, basic in amenities, (such as a lack of heater in the outside pool and working air con in the room), but for what we paid to stay for a week, you couldn't ask for anything better.
For us, who travelled into Sitges by train from Barcelona, the hotel is literally a 5 minute walk and in a perfect location for seeking out the Sitges nightlife!
I wouldn't say this hotel is right for you if you like the finer things in life - I love plush towels and a range of luxury toiletries as much as the next person, but if you want cheap and cheerful, then this is absolutely at the top of the list...

Extremely accommodating and friendly staff and possibly Europe's widest and tastiest breakfast selection make this hotel one I would certainly recommend and return to on my next visit to the beautiful town of Sitges.

Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank ianrob84
Reviewed 17 October 2009

Stayed in this Hotel for one night only as we couldnt get in for more as it was a Spanish bank holiday weekend. We were booked into the Galeon but when we arrived they put us in the Pavillion which is on the street directly behind. You get issued with a hotel card and you can exit out the back via the swimming pool to get to the Pavillion.
The rooms are okay they do have a slight musty smell but they do not have a lot of natural daylightand the views are crap. The bed is quite small but fairly comfy and the shower is good. We were on the ground floor so we had a small terrace with table and couple of chairs. This Hotel is smack bang in the town so its very built up but very quiet.
Reception are friendly and they speak good English.
When we arrived the Sat Nav couldnt pick the street up as i think they may be listed in Catalan. If you are by car then there is a public parking area on the same street as the Galeon Hotel so briefly pop your car in there its very very expensive 5 cents per minute. Then check in quick ask if you can prk in their car park which is underground a few metres from the Pavillion your hotel card opens the garage shutter to their car park. remove you car from the public car park and park in theirs. Its 12 Euros a day but a lot cheaper than using the public car park and trust me there is no where to park in Sitges.
The best part is the breakfast it is easily 4 star quality its outstanding for a budget hotel. You can choose from cereal different breads meats, full english catalan style, fresh fruits, pastrys they even had trifle! Highly recommended.
We pais 23 pounds for both of us thats like less than 12 pounds each for bed and breakfast and a really good breakfast. All in even with the views etc for this price it represents nothing but value and we would definentely stay here again.
We were on a mini break where we had 3 nights in Montmello to visit the Stadium 1 night in Sitges where we popped down to Salou and our last night in Gerona.
Sitges a nice little town with plenty of eateries a nice seafront and church. Shopping is quite good too although more expensive than the UK. Lots of gay people having a nice time felt very safe there.
Think the parking would be a nightmare in peak season so pre book your parking slot with the Hotel. The train station is up the road and I believe its less than 7 Euro return to go to Barcelona. Excellent value. Enjoy.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple