We have being at this hotel for 3 nights and we have enjoyed it.
The room was very big with a huge wardrobe and beds pretty comfortable. There’s an empty mini fridge (and a mini market to fill it in), iron facilities, proper hairdryer in the bathroom and coffee/tea facilities (no milk or cream so either you take a couple of cream pods from the breakfast restaurant or buy some milk)
We had a sea/golf course view balcony with a table and two chairs.
The website estates that the check in time is 17.00 but when we arrived by 13.30 our room was ready for us.
We were given some 10% discount vouchers for the restaurants in the hotel and a complimentary glass of cava (champagne).
Hotel guests get a discount in the golf course too.
Free wifi is available everywhere in the hotel (common areas and room)
Brakfast was included in our room rate so I can’t say if “it’s worth the money” but there was enough variety.
Coffee machines were a bit tricky. Once you find out how it works, it’s very easy but very confusing the first day really.
Croissants and some other pastries daily, plus different kind of bread, butter, jam, honey, nutella, some cereal, juices, cold meats and cheese and eggs/omelette, olive oil and tomatoes for “pa amb tomàquet” (tomato toast). You can see here how to make it: http://www.google.es/imgres?imgurl=http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_KOANLi2W44U/R4zhnBRAoJI/AAAAAAAAHFk/FIBldC0ilfM/s400/Pa%2BAmb%2BTom%C3%A0quet4%2Bsmall.JPG&imgrefurl=http://aidanbrooksrecipes.blogspot.com/2007/10/pa-amb-tomquet.html&h=194&w=261&sz=8&tbnid=QpYwtdEe9R1XIM:&tbnh=90&tbnw=121&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dpa%2Bamb%2Btom%25C3%25A0quet%2Brecipe%26tbm%3Disch%26tbo%3Du&zoom=1&q=pa+amb+tom%C3%A0quet+recipe&usg=__LZq4lWUfUUpFs2sN7Menrzi2sgU=&hl=en-ES&sa=X&ei=p7u5UeuDCcmt0QW2s4CIDw&ved=0CDwQ9QEwCQ
Swimming pools were ok but the area is not big so I guess it might be extremely busy during July-August.
Towels are provided for the swimming pool but you need to return them when you leave the area so you can’t take them to the beach. Unless previous reviews we didn’t have any problem with this and a person was there constantly)
They have balls, goggles and pool noodles for children
Regarding the location, it is next to the golf course so it is great if you intend to play, but it’s 3K away of the town. There’s a nice long promenade to walk, or run, or jog, or cycle, or skate but still it’s 3K and there’s almost nothing around but some nice properties.
There’s one of those tourist little trains which start at the hotel main door and ends at the town or the other way round (2€)
The beach right out of the hotel is small, narrow and stony but 200 or 300 metres away the small sandy beaches start.
There are three restaurants within the hotel. Some of our friends tried the Vento lunch menu and they said it was perfectly ok, with several options to choose for starters and mains and a fixed price.
We only tried the Aqua for lunch the day we left and it was good (they refused to accept Amex even when I had just checked out and paid with it at the front desk without problem).
I have read some complaints about staff in previous reviews and I must say we didn’t have a bad experience in that respect. They booked taxis for us, I had a quick and kind response when I phoned the front desk…)
I must agree about the noise in the mornings though but it didn’t annoy us that much
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Sunway Playa Golf & SPA, inaugurated in June 2003, is located on the seafront promenade of Sitges, in the pedestrian area and close to the golf club, less than half an hour walk from the centre, where you will find bars and shops. It is the perfect place to stay and enjoy a holiday on the beach of Sitges, to play golf or simply to spend a few days of relaxation at any time of the year and enjoy the climate of this Mediterranean charming town. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Sunway Playa Golf Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunway Playa Golf Hotel And Apartments
- Sunway Playa Hotel Apartments
- Sunway Playa Sitges