“Excellent hotel on the beach”
Review of La Nina Hotel

La Nina Hotel
Ranked #20 of 40 Hotels in Sitges
Reviewed 13 October 2010

We stayed at La Nina for a few nights the start of October 2010. We had 6 rooms booked and we all arrived together, checking was a little confusing because of the different ways our group booked rooms, but they finally got everything correct, we also had to change a room because of misscomunication between a travel agent and the hotel, but we were accomodated. I will admit that the front desk staff did appear to be indifferent when checking-in. There was little to no smile and no greeting or welcome to the hotel. This is the only reason I did not rate the hotel experience a 5.

The room was very nice we had an ocean view with balcony on the 3rd floor, it was just perfect. The bed was very hard, the only down side to the room, also because of the sun, the room heats up so you have to keep the drapes closed during the day, but at night open the drapes and the windows and enjoy the view, just perfect.

We did have breakfast each morning at the hotel and it was fine, nothing spectacular, but it got us up and going each morning. Other than that we did not eat at the hotel, but we did eat at the sister hotel down the street and it was excellent and hopping, thsi was the place to eat!

I would stay at the hotel again and recommend it to friends!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Robbie_and_Dennis

Reviewed 5 August 2010

I have stayed in this hotel for several years. This year i feel that i have to tell about the bad service in the reseption ? I have been traveling a lot all over the world, Spain as well.

It all started the day i arrived. I was standing alone at the front desk and the girl who worked there talked to a collegue. I said hello and tryed to gey contact to the girl, but no respomce. After five minutes i gave her my passport and she took it and continued the conversation with her collegue. I waited for five more minutes and then she gave me the hotel card and no welcome. Not interested at all.

Every day the poeple who worked at the front desk looked more dawn to the floor than up to the guests. They are really not interested at all. After checking out no goodbye, no thank you or no welcome back.

I think they have a big problem with the front desk. lets hope the manager really care and take action.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank PerrySkar
Reviewed 1 August 2010

We´ve been staying here for 2 days and found this hotel to be more 3* than the advertised 4*.
We r paying Euro 150 x night for a super small room with view over a very close, uglu building. The WIFI does not work and the staff are unhelpful.
The pool on the top floor is a bonus, but it´s too short and shallow to swim and the terrace is under-exploited.
Location is very good, but there seeem to be much better hotels nearby.
The decor is all over the place: not enough money spent on it for sometime: it does not know what it wants top be, chintzy in parts, modern in others, wood panelling in the corridors...why?
The Calipolis nearby is totally modern, with bigger rooms and buzzy.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2010

Reception in and out check, very poor and uniterested, cleanliness of rooms and location of hotel very good, restaurant service good but, not excellent as they can't speak english.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2010

This is a hotel with a nice location. The service in the reseption is really bad. They dont see you as a guest. They dont smile, look up when you pass and are really not interested to help you.

The staff in the breakfest and the people who cleans the room is nice and helpful.

1  Thank Jamo1968
Reviewed 1 July 2010

have stayed at la nina every year since it opened
the seaview rooms with balcony on first floor are super
room clean and simple
maids were v friendly
breakfast better this year cooked to order
air con not working properly
sitges quiet this year
often we were the only room occupied on our floor
location and view of the beach second to none

Reviewed 14 June 2010

This is about my fifth review of this hotel (its a shame tripadvisor dont show a history). Anyway, I had another great time in the La Nina (Well, I always have a good time in Sitges). However, I must say that my opinion of the hotel is starting to falter ..only slightly. Location is it's main advantage. Price is the main disadvantage. I stayed the first week of Jun 2010 and was charged 140 per night for a sea view room - Cheaper than previous years, but I just dont see the value. They need to knock another 10er off per night, I think.

I stayed on the roof top with direct access to the pool. That was cool. Air conditioner was acting up for the entire stay, and no one seemed able to sort out my wifi. That annoyed me a bit.

The pool is only about 3meters by 10meters....but nice for a dip when you get too hot. (You'd be hard pressed to find a large swimming pool within a 10min walk of the centre. See my review of the Best western subur!)

Rooms are spacious and clean - better than other hotels I've stayed in sitges, but I think they are due some modernisation (maybe in 1-2yrs).

Most of the staff are friendly, and very accomodating - but there is one exception!! She should learn to smile!!

Hot breakfast was on request (no longer a buffet).....Restaurant is great. it serves everything. Food is delicious. Also nearby id recommend the chicken restaurant (ul notice the rotating chickens on the main street, )...its DELICIOUS....;-)

Tip. To get to the hotel, its best to go by the Mon Bus..It goes directly from the airport to sitges and takes about 30mins. its about 3euro . (It leaves now from the new terminal.....which is a nuisance for Aer Lingus travellers (free shuttle between terminal takes a min of 10mins)..Buses depart at 20 to the hour....and then the return trip from Sitges is 5mins to the hour.....I think the last bus from the airport is 11:40pm.

Any questions/ feel free to drop me a mesage. id highly recommend sitges to everyone. its an amazing town, way ahead of it's time - both family friendly and open minded...it has the prefect mix of people, ...with a great sea front where everyone can walk hand in hand at sunset ;-) .......

June 2010 was so much quieter than Jun 2009!! I suppose the season hasn't kicked off really, but I'd say its a sign of the summer to come.

Check out the The Piano bar (after 1am) for great music/atmosphere.

2  Thank Marcus2000