“Best value dinner”
Review of La Nansa

La Nansa
Reserve with
La Nansa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 387 Restaurants in Sitges
Price range: US$24 - US$54
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 26 May 2013

This is my third visit to Sitges and thanks to some friends from the area I ended with my wife in this excellent place, the menu is great and the price was very reasonable, the lamb and the sole were amazing, as an added value the customer service was very charm and as explained by the owners this is a family owned place for more than 4 generations.

There are newer reviews for La Nansa

Reviewed 25 May 2013

I have been dining at la Nansa for years when visiting Sitges (Catalunya), Spain. The current owners/directors are at least 4th or 5th generation. Without a doubt la Nansa is one of the finest restaurants in Sitges. My most recent experience there was in early May, 2013, when fresh artichokes were in season (yummmm), and, as usual, la Nansa's paella was fabulous. This establishment, now celebrating 50 years of serving excellent Catalan cuisine, is among my top choices in Sitges. Not to be missed if seeking a fine dining experience.

Reviewed 1 March 2013 via mobile

The restaurant was deserted the night we were there so the atmosphere was lacking. Food and service were outstanding, the staff were attentive and helpful without hovering. The artichoke starter was great, the dressing on the house salad was too heavy for our taste but the entrees were all really excellent.

Reviewed 18 October 2012

Was very happy with the quality and service. Price was a little higher than the other two restaurants that fell into our top 3 while in Sitges. I'll go back to try the lamb shoulder though.

Reviewed 20 September 2012

We have visited this family run restaurant 3 or 4 times a year since 2001 and it's on the top of our list whenever we visit Sitges. It is situated in a narrow, quiet street close to the San Sebastian beach and is one of the oldest (if not the oldest) restaurants in town.

The service is exellent, the interior is very charming and the food is as authentic Catalan as it gets. Their gazpacho is the best that I've ever tasted and the shoulder of lamb is to die for!
The speciality of the house is, however, all kinds of seafood - the products are always fresh and they really know how to prepear it!

The Icelandic cod (lighly salted cod in a tomato stew) is one of my favourites and so is the sea bass in a delicious sauce. Since I'm a foody who love to experiment, I have lately tried out some of the really traditional dishes - one with pork trotters & cod and another with mountain snails & lobster. These combinations may sound a bit weird, but I can promise you that you'll go back for more!

There is a wide range of delicious desserts, but after I tried the white & dark chocolate tart, I have never looked back!! I even tried to bribe the head vaiter (one of the sons) to give me the recipe, but it's apparantly a family secret - so you either have to marry into the family or just come back - again and again :-)

This is not the cheapest restaurant in town, but compared to the quality of the food and service, you get really good value for your money!