“An absolute must try!”
Review of El Trull

El Trull
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
El Trull is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 391 Restaurants in Sitges
Price range: US$41 - US$47
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We went for dinner and had the menu (22eur/person). The mussels were hands down the best I had ever tried, with a sauce that still has me wanting to move to that town. The pasta I had came with caviar and paprika, rapped in a white sauce. It was delicious. The menu included main courses and desert. (and bread). It also included a drink, I decided to go for a glass of red wine which, upon Angello's (the boss that night) recommendation, was served cold rather than room temperature. It was the perfect match for my main of lamb shank. When reviewing a restaurant, you focus on the food but the service was equally great. They guys working there know how to be friendly yet without being insistent, and we left absolutely charmed by the whole experience. A Must try!

Reviewed 7 October 2013

We loved it. Everything about this meal was fantastic, every course better than the one before it, the best meal we had in two weeks in Europe. The staff was amazing, very helpful (and the place was packed) and added to an incredible experience. Even worth taking the trip down from Barcelona.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

We have just got back from a lovely five day holiday in Sitges and Trull was the best restaurant we went to. In fact it's one of the best restaurants we've ever been to.

We opted for the set menu on our first visit. It turned out to be exceptional value. A complimentary Hors d'oeuvre, three courses, a huge glass of red wine (chilled) each, and a shot of the owners home made limoncello. It came to £40.

We had the homemade pasta, lamb, mussels and hake. The pick of which was the lamb. The service was second to none with both our waiter and the owner happy to chat and talk with us without ever intruding on our evening.

We had several good food experiences in Sitges but this one was by far the best and we went back on our last night. The set menu wasn't available & the evening more expensive (it was a Friday evening after all) but we still left feeling we had got great value for money & once again enjoyed our hosts company. We will definitely return to Sitges one day and this place is the first restaurant we will visit.

1  Thank JonNorman75
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Dined here last week with massive expectations after reading on tripadvisor this is ranked the no. 1 restaurant in sitges. My partner and I started with mussels and fish soup - both very acceptable and very enjoyable. My main course of grilled steak was indescribably tasteless. Same to be said sadly for my partners duck. Very similar vegetables accompanied both dishes and beyond belief, and I mean beyond belief tasteless, and for some unknown reason swimming in oil. Service absolutely 10 out of 10 ....... My half eaten meal went back to the kitchen and obviously the head wAiter was good enough to come over to the table for my explanation. I didn't complain unduly and he was very professional primarily because the price and the money is not of an issue to me it is just a wasted precious evening with my partner. We obviously left disappointed with the restaurant and flabbergasted with tripadvisor reviews that we are rapidly loosing confidence in the site.

What is going on with tripadvisor when every review is 5 stars and this is the no.1 I. Sitges - it seriously isn't. People can't walk out of this restaurant believing they have had wonderful food - if the quality of theirs is similar to what we experienced.

5  Thank lmn1234
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Another visit to this friendly and terrific restaurant for Sunday lunch. This time a table for 10 celebrating my landmark birthday. The three course set menu is still amazing value at €22 including a drink even on Sundays. Angelo ( who along with his partner have run the place for almost 30 years ) and his staff are welcoming and remember their return clients ( and what they especially like ). Whenever we book, he always asks if he should prepare the mint sauce because he knows we love their roast lamb. Whether from the a la carte or set menu, you can guarantee you will always find what you fancy. The signature dishes are the 'tartar' , steak, tuna or salmon, always made fresh by Angelo and seasoned exactly as you like it. So if you want a nice lunch or dinner for two or something on a grander scale, you can't go wrong with this place. Recommended !

1  Thank Terry_Martin1990