“Friendly, inexpensive, convenient, and delicious.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Kenavo - CLOSED

Kenavo
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner
San Mateo, California
“Friendly, inexpensive, convenient, and delicious.”
Reviewed 28 January 2012

We arrived in Tarragona on a Monday, when most of the restaurants were closed. We found this little crêperie, though; it's tucked in a less-trafficked alley, a block away from the (tourist-trap) Plaza del Font, right across from a segment of the old Roman walls. The staff's English isn't great, and neither is my Spanish (and my spouse's is worse), but we were able to order. The food was delivered promptly, and it was all delicious, and quite cheap. If you drink, you really should try the "kir breton", which is a Bretagnese cider with a splash of kir (black currant liquer). The duck carpaccio (magret de pato) was an interesting alternative to beef; served with a pear marmalade, which I think was spiced with a bit of mustard seed. The buckwheat crêpes were crispy and spicy, and the fillings were of excellent quality. (We got fairly standard egg-cheese-pork things; I got ham, my spouse got bacon.) For dessert, we split a salted-butter caramel sweet crêpe, which was simple, but delcious. All in all, a very lucky find, and highly recommended.

• Visited January 2012