My wife and I booked this hotel for 27pounds per night, in October 2009. We were nervous of this as this rate was so cheap, but were very pleased with the stay we had here. The hotel is very clean, is in a very nice and safe area and the room we had was huge (which was just a standard double). Parking was available on the street but be warned the spanish tend to bumper park their cars so be prepared for a mark if you are going too.
The hotel is in an area being developed so there is some construction going on nearby, it didnt bother us, but their was some noise from it. This might explain the hotel rate. I would guess that most of the construction would be finished by early 2010, as a lot looked almost done.
Our room had a good double bed, safe, widescreen TV (CNN English), seperate sofa pullout and aircon. Bathroom had an excellent shower with good pressure and was very clean. Rooms were made up well every day.
Location is probably a 2-3k walk to the beach. About 1.5k to the town, but the walk is easy along a brand new promenade. Yes its not right in town, which is why the location rating is only a 3, but its really no problem.
Service was very good, didnt really need to use them that much but when we did speak to reception they were very nice. Spoke English too which was a bonus.
Value was simply outstanding.
Check out the pictures of the hotel on google images, as they give a better representation of the hotel, i thought the ones on trip advisor made the hotel look like it was in a dark and dingy area which it isnt at all.
WiFi is available for free throughout the hotel. There is a computer point which you have to pay for (8e per hour or something). There are internet cafes in tarragona for 1e per hour nearby.
The breakfast was included in the price and was pretty good. Nice coffee, and continental food, standard for budget hotels. We ordered a couple of other things from the cafe which were reasonably priced and good. The cafe is very smokey though, due to them allowance cigarette´s inside, which might be a problem for some. All rooms and inside the hotel are non smoking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in Tarragona’s modern district, this hotel offers soundproofed rooms with free Wi-Fi and flat-screen TVs. The A-7 motorway is just 200 metres away, while the historic centre is 10 minutes away. The rooms have air conditioning, hairdryer, safe and telephone. The hotel has a cafe open all day, serving coffee, breakfast and light meals. It also has a terrace. Tarragona’s famous Roman remains are just 900 metres away. The El Corte Ingles department store is just 450 metres away. PortAventura Theme Park is about 8 km away, and can be reached easily by car. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Cancelon, Ebookers, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel SB Express Tarragona reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sb Express Hotel Tarragona
- Hotel SB Express Tarragona Spain - Costa Dorada