“Nice host, nice room”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Cabo Ortegal

Hotel Cabo Ortegal
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in La Coruna
Hotel Cabo Ortegal
Ranked #21 of 32 Hotels in La Coruna
Linz, Austria
“Nice host, nice room”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

We were lucky to find a room in busy August in Hotel Cabo Ortegal. Location is good (close to restaurants, city centre, bars, beach), and the host was very friendly. Rooms were good, breakfast not so great.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Canterbury, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

This listing is most misleading. It comes up when you do a search for La Coruna. However, when we arrived in La Coruna off the plane, the taxi driver told us it was not in La Coruna but in Carino - which is over 100km away! At 6pm at night this seemed crazy. Especially as we needed to take an early bus from La Coruna to Muxia in the morning. We telephoned and cancelled it (losing our money) and asked the taxi driver to take us to a hotel in La Coruna, which he kindly did. I cannot believe we are the only people to do this.

My wife booked the hotel and I must say I thought it was her mistake. However, on our return home, I did the same search and found it is wrongly listed. I tried to explain this to the person at the hotel (I speak reasonable Spanish) but he simply kept asking me whether I wanted to cancel. He was not apologetic. This makes me a little suspicious that it could be an intentional ploy (I hope not, I hate to think badly of Spanish people - who are in general honest, kind and helpful).

Perhaps you could address this problem in order to help others avoid the same problem. It was a very disconcerting start to our holiday.

Room Tip: Make sure you realise that this hotel is not in La Coruna but 100+Km away!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

I rocked up to Carino without any real plans for where I would stay and what I would do. A kind lady on my bus pointed me to this hotel and I wandered in to ask the price. It was more than I would normally pay (I am a student and a super stingy traveller) but I had a good feeling about it and Leopoldo, the owner, was really nice. I decided to stay just one night but in the end, I enjoyed it so much that I changed my plans and stayed two. My room was pretty, spacious, clean and well furnished. Leopoldo was great company and thanks to him, I discovered some great places in the area that I would never have found otherwise. I would highly, highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank EllaRMC
Madrid
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2011

In a world where sometimes paying more gets you so much less than you expect, this charming small hotel gives so much more for such a fantastic price. The details are so perfectly delivered to the customer, it makes you wonder why so many hotels just can't get it right. This place is definitely doing everything right, and for this we will be loyal customers for life and always looking forward to our next trip there.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
#1 of 1 in Cedeira
Muino das Canotas
Muino das Canotas
#1 of 2 in Carino

Been to Hotel Cabo Ortegal? Share your experiences!