All reviews shopping mall free parking food court small gym taxi ride hotel is located very nice hotel ikea checkin spain facilities city elevator tower luxury
Reviewed 4 November 2017

Stayed one night on business trip. Hotel outside city center next to commercial center. There are no signs that the guests with car or taxi can enter the commercial center parking and stop near elevator to the hotel. Beside it everything was OK. The room was nice, clean, large. My colleague was complaining that in his room he fell smoke. The breakfast was OK.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 September 2017

We were visiting A Coruna, mainly to see the Tower of Hercules, on our 'to see" list of Spanish World Heritage Sites. We chose the Carris Marineda, partially for the location, and also, it offered a reasonable room rate. We were arriving from Burgos, driving up along Costa Verde, and the hotel was just to the entrance of the city, also it offered an easy access to the city and its sites. The room was more than adequate, nice comfortable beds and a nice "luxurious" bathroom, and, as has been noted, good value for the money. We did not partake in the full breakfast, but chose an abbreviated version. This did not have a set price, probably our request for it an exception. We found this a little pricey for what we ate, but certainly the main breakfast appeared to have ample selection, and I am sure, was appropriately priced. This really is not meant to be a complaint. The checkin went very well , the man at the front desk was very polite, efficient, spoke very good English, and also was very helpful with directions to the sights we wanted to see. The hotel is part of a large shopping centre, we arrived on a Saturday, and next day being Sunday, appeared to be closed. Let me say that this is a modern and very nice hotel, and, oh yeah, good, free wifi. (A need nowadays).
The one tip that I can suggest, beforehand, is to find out the directions on where to park your vehicle. This is of course relevant, particularly, if you are driving in like we were. We could find the entrance to the hotel, but there is not a drop off zone here, meaning that you cannot park out in front to register or drop off luggage. You must enter the shopping centre underground parkade, once there, it is an easy matter to find the hotel designated parking and the elevator that takes you up to main floor lobby area. Of course, once this is realized, as in our case, everything is easy and actually, very straight forward!
This is nice hotel to make your base, whether you are just visiting as a tourist, or, perhaps here on business. We, unfortunately, did not have enough time to spend in A Coruna. We enjoyed the Tower of Hercules, a well worthwhile visit, but there is so much more to see. This is a very eye worthy and well appointed city, natural beauty, and certainly al the faculties for the tourist needs. There is beautiful history here and for summertime relaxing, some very appealing beaches!
I have to make one unrelated comment. We had driven quite a few "miles" the last 2 weeks on Spain's roads. I must say, Spain has a very impressive highway system, they don't go over mountains, they go through them. River valley, coastal inlet, no matter how deep or wide, they build a bridge that spans evenly across. This, I found very impressive, it is too bad that here in Canada, they seem to struggle with that. Good job, Spain!

P.S. I think that while staying at the Carres, leave your car, and take public transport, less hassle.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JRAsFishBabe
Reviewed 3 June 2017 via mobile

I could not believe the room I was getting for the price we paid. Luxury at budget price.

Not centrally located in A Coruña, but within one of Europe's largest shopping malls, and a short (and inexpensive) taxi ride to anywhere in A Coruña.

A great pkace for business trips.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 May 2017

The rooms was clean and nice, the AC was left on in the room before my arrival, so it was cool and nice. Good location quiet and clean. Not my first stay, finally one of the ladies at the reception spoke good English, I mean everyone is super nice but most cant fully express themselves in English, and its basic things... The new girl helped out with English and explained perfectly everything. The hotel seamed to be full, but at the same time the restaurant staff was efficient and very polite. Would definitly keep coming.

Room Tip: Interior rooms are cooler
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank asad412
Reviewed 1 March 2017

Clean, comfortable and quiet. The staff are friendly and speak some English.
This hotel is in a shopping centre some miles away from the centre of La Coruna. The area is not pretty but the shopping is good and there is a bus stop outside the hotel.
Number 11 bus leaves every 15 minutes for the city centre and costs E1.30 The last bus back is at about 11pm. Perfect!

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple