We picked up this hotel because we have been there before and has the best views in La Coruña including wonderful and long sunsets. That has not changed and keep on having the same opinion and probably will come back again just for the view. The hotel has "relaxed" from the service level perspective. The two people at the reception desk were not of the profile and caliber of what you normally find at Melia hotels ( I am a frequent user of this chain) . They did the basics, kept us waiting while dealing two of them with the same customer and in the three days we were there, did not did anything beyond the "per the book" duties. The room was large, clean and OK. Same the bathroom, eveything worked, including the WIFI. Parking was convenient but expensive, even with the Melia Card and breakfast was good although the restaurant was cold and unappealing. Actually it is a pity as a more cosy and comfortable restaurant will make a difference with the same food. Now you just want to finish and run away. As said, I will come back to this hotel as it has the best view in town, but they should not " relax" if they want to keep on having as many customers as they do now. Service is all!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Melia Maria Pita is located in the center of A Coruna, in the promenade and off the beaches of Orzan and Riazor, less than 10 min. Walk from the main attractions of the city such as the Tower of Hercules, the tapas area and the historic and commercial center, with easy access from any route. It has 183 rooms,refurbished in 2015, with fabulous sea views. All are equipped with flat screen 37' TV with international channels, free internet access fiber optic high capacity and bathroom with vanity mirror, hairdryer and amenities Melia. The hotel has different dining areas, O`Toxo Buffet Breakfast restaurant, Restaurant -Cafeteria Trueiro two private rooms and indoor terrace with Canal + Liga. We specialize in Galician and Mediterranean cuisine and room service is available 24 hrs. He impressed the large, glazed and bright marble hall overlooking Orzan Cove. We have an exclusive parking for our customers, Internet corner (Point E) and 7 meeting rooms and banquet facilities accommodating up to 350 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Melia, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Melia Maria Pita reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Maria Pita Hotel La Coruna
- Melia La Coruña
- Melia Hotel Maria Pita
- Melia Maria Pita La Coruna, A Coruna, Spain