All reviews modern hotel bus station old town huge room hotel restaurant first floor great hotel comfortable beds walking distance excellent location spa reception parking bedroom city bathtub furniture
Reviewed 21 February 2018

I had a pleasant stay at Hotel Plaza. The hotel is not in the historical city center. It is located in a kind of new commercial area (very close to El Corte Inglés). The pros: huge room, huge bathroom, great shower. Full-equipped room. The service was great, and friendly staff. I particularly enjoyed the breakfast: it is not too big, but at the same time there are plenty of options, all of the delicious. Unfortunately, I could not try the bar at the rooftop (apparently is very popular among locals). Affordable prices. I will definitely consider this hotel in my next trip to A Coruña.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
HotelPlazayAvenida, Director General at Hotel Plaza Coruna, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2018

Dear guest: it has been a great pleasure to have you in our hotel. Thank you for sharing your experience with other travellers. Sincerely,
Jose Blanco, Director.

Reviewed 8 December 2017

We were greeted with an amazing offer! To stay at their presidential Suite! As we booked an anniversary celebration, we notified them of this and they treated us like Royalty. We were truely amazed at how they catered to our every whims and even the food was amazing. The Restaurant is really 5-star all to itself and the views from our room were truely magnificent. We would most definitely return when coming back to La Coruna.

We highly recommend asking for a reservation at the restaurant and trying out their food, its well worth the price and the experience! They even cater to those with allergies!

Room tip: Ask for the Special Offers on the Suites Upgrade...worth every penny.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
HotelPlazayAvenida, Director General at Hotel Plaza Coruna, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2017

Dear Jose Delio: thank you for sharing your comments about Plaza Hotel with other travellers. We are glad for your satisfaction and we hope you may prescibe our hotel to other friends. Our restaurant Esencia is directed by Luis Veira, chef with one Michelin star, and we offer a variety of Galician products cooked with great style and taste. Thank you for your kind comments. Sincerelly,
Jose Blanco, Director Hotel Plaza

Reviewed 16 November 2017

Good hotel. Very clean and with useful amenities in the room. Bathtub as a little small but worked well. Beds were comfortable and room temperature was perfect. Staff were helpful but regularly perfunctory.

Parking in front of the hotel, even for drop off, is a challenge but a parking lot is about a 300 meter walk and an extra at €9.50. This hotel is located well for a visit to A Coruna. Many small shops and dining locations are in the immediate (walking) vicinity.

The roof patio is not available most of the time--alas it has great views of the city skyline if you can get up there.

Room tip: Rooms on the north side are very quiet.
Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

Coruña is so big it's hard to say that a hotel is centrally located, but this lovely very modern hotel is well located, boasts a taxi stand right outside. Big comfortable beds. A nice buffet breakfast which opens at 7.30 am and serves until 11. We walked to the Marina, and then to Hercules Lighthouse and back again. My husband stayed at the bar after dinner to enjoy a glass of rum.
The parking however is paid €15 per day and not very close.
We enjoyed our stay.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
HotelPlazayAvenida, Director General at Hotel Plaza Coruna, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2017

Dear guests: thank you for sharing your recent experience at Plaza Hotel with other travellers. It is very helpful all your observations to clarify the location of the hotel and the services we offer, specially the buffet breakfast, that has been designed by a highly awarded chef, Luis Veira. All the gastronomic space in our hotel offer his dishes, based on Galician seasonal products with intense taste and modern presentation. We hope to be your hotel in future visits to La Coruña.
José Blanco, Director

Reviewed 20 September 2017

I recently stayed in the Hotel Plaza Coruna and there are some great and not so great things about it.

What's great?

The room was nicely furnished and quiet.
Free water in the fridge daily
Funky building
Comfy, huge bed
We were at the back of the hotel and the room was so quiet and the blackout curtains so effective, we regularly slept in late without realising it.

What's not so great?

We are non smokers but were put in a smoking room. Personally I think smoking rooms should be opt in not opt out. We weren't asked at booking if we wanted a smoking or non smoking room either.
The roof terrace is only open in the evenings and only if the weather is good and not raining. This is Galicia, it rains a lot. It would also be lovely if it was open in the day as there aren't many parks or open spaces nearby to sit in nice weather. I asked if I could do this just to read a book and was told "no". As a result and as it was only open when we were out for dinner anyway, we never got to even see it.
It's a long walk to the old town and main beaches and a very long walk to the Tower of Hercules.
Parking costs an extra 9 euros a day.
There aren't many great bars or restaurants in the area, the best are a decent walk.
The "spa" area was used by my partner and at an extra 15 euros per person or 25 for a couple, he felt was poor value.
The "gym" was one running machine, one bike and some weights. I'm serious, that was it.
The staff when asked were great and really helpful but didn't offer anything. Had I not asked, I wouldn't have known there were free tourist maps available behind the front desk which is vital for finding your way to the attractions.
Something a bit extra would have been nice. I contacted the hotel to tell them we'd be late and not arrive until after midnight. My email wasn't even acknowledged. The best hotels would have contacted us back and asked us if we'd wanted anything for our room. Not only would this have been polite but an opportunity to sell us something so it was daft they didn't even reply. It doesn't make you feel special to arrive at midnight to be greeted by a tired member of staff and the bar being vacuumed. It would have been awesome to be greeted by a warm welcome, someone to offer to take the bags to our room while my partner found the car park and just maybe a couple of small bottles of beer? That would have made us feel really warm about the place rather than a bit of a hassle.

All in all a nice stay but if they could sort out some of the basics including opening up the roof terrace and making the spa free for residents it would make it feel better value and a nicer experience for tourists. As it is, I would say it's more set up for business travellers but then they'd probably be pretty irritated by having to pay for parking. The location would mean for me it could only ever be a 4/5 but it's missing the mark on some basics which would mean it could be easily the best hotel in the area.

Room tip: Rooms at the back are very quiet.
Date of stay: September 2017