All reviews close to the airport typical spanish hotel next morning great hotel recommend this hotel beds bedroom noise city centre
Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

Really close to the airport so we stayed here one night as we arrived really late.

The lovely man on reception was incredibly helpful. He spoke to the equally nice people in the diner oposite (I couldn’t speak any Spanish), and asked them to stay open so my wife and I could get something to eat.

The room was very good indeed for the price. Lovely views of the river the next morning.

You really can’t go wrong here! I would recommend it to anyone.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
HOTELCRUNIA, Director de Recepción at Hotel Crunia, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2017

Dear Sometimewanderlust,

thank you very much for your kind review!

We are glad to read you would recommend us to anyone!!!
Everyday we try to do our best to get people feel at home.
Comments like yours make us feel very grateful!!!

Thank you! We look forward to welcoming you back!!!
Kind regards,
Hotel Crunia

Reviewed 15 August 2017

The staff was very nice, and so was the facility. It is in a good location if you need to go to the airport. The guy in the morning made us breakfast at 4 am, which we were just expecting to have to skip breakfast. The wifi was pretty fast, and the bathroom to our room was very nice. The AC worked well, too. However, the BEDS ARE AS HARD AS ROCKS. I am pretty young, and usually don't have trouble falling asleep. I turned the lights off at 9pm, didn't go to sleep until 12:30 am because I couldn't get comfortable. Neither could my mom or dad. The pillows are very flat as well, but that wouldn't have mattered if the bed were more comfortable. Another thing: the hallway is very echo-y, you can imagine my dismay when between 11:00 pm-12:15 am, there were echoes of shrill screaming surrounding me. It sounded like someone was being murdered (no one was, to my knowledge). Also, a little pet peeve, they didn't have conditioner in the bathroom, so I couldn't wash my hair.

Other than that, rooms are nice and clean. It was only about ten/fifteen minutes to the airport at 4:30 am (there is no traffic at that time). My biggest issue was the beds, and the screaming of course.

Room tip: accessibility to airport, breakfast included (i think), each room has own AC unit,has maps of city available
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Fiannagilmore,

first of all, thank you very much for your comment.

I apologize to read you felt our beds were too hard. Actually, ours guests' comments tend to talk about how confortable our beds are... There is nothing we can do now to solve your impression, but we hope next time you come back you do not have the same feeling. Regarding the pillows, we do not full the beds with them because too many pillows are pretty anoying but we do have spare pillows upon request (harder, softer, for cervical issues, etc).

High season, and especially those days you stayed, are quite busy and people arrive late at night. The festivities of the city are taking place those days and there are free concerts and activities taking place during the whole evening and nights. This is the reason why there was some noice late at night. We apologize for the inconvenniences.

We thank you once again for sharing your experience and remain at your entire disposal.

Warm regards from Hotel Crunia!

Reviewed 13 July 2017

Typical Spanish hotel. Far removed from a resort hotel, but that should not detract from its charm. I was made very welcome after arriving after midnight. The gentleman, whom I assume to be the owner, insisted that I have some potato crisps to accompany the beer that I had requested. Although I declined the offer, he very kindly brought a bowl to my room. My bedroom was particularly comfortable and immaculately clean. Breakfast next morning was very good. And the lady at reception, whom I also assume to be a family member, was particularly helpful in providing me with some very useful information as a visitor new to the area. It's an easy drive from the airport, and a short drive to the city centre - around 6km. A place I would highly recommend if you are flying into or out of A Coruña or want to stay a little out of town while visiting the city. The city, which is often bypassed, is well worth exploring too!

Room tip: I requested a quiet room and my bedroom overlooked the river at the rear.
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
HOTELCRUNIA, Director General at Hotel Crunia, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2017

Dear Goodtripper,

thank you very much for sharing your experience with the Tripadvisor community.

We are glad to read your comments regarding your pleasant stay with us.

Please, do not hesitate to contact us may you need to come back to the city!

We look forward to welcoming you back!

Warm regards from our whole team!!!

Hotel Crunia

Reviewed 1 March 2017

I've been greeted with a smile, the staff is very friendly and efficient. The Hotel is located really close to the airport, a bit old fashion but clean and quite. I had a dinner in their restaurant and the food was fresh and tasty, cooked in a simple way. I would suggest it.

Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
HOTELCRUNIA, Director de Recepción at Hotel Crunia, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2017

Dear Mr. Oreste CC,
thank you very much for your recent stay and for sharing your experience with us in Tripadvisor.

We are glad to read that you enjoyed your stay and your dinner in our restaurant!

Reading comments like yours make us smile even more! Thank you very much!!! :-D

Warm regards from HOTEL CRUNIA

Reviewed 30 January 2017

The staff is very helpfull and friendly, the restaurant is perfect and has a nice day menu.
The rooms are specious and clean, nice bathroom with rainshower. Location is perfect near airport and near all major roads to the area

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
HOTELCRUNIA, Gerente at Hotel Crunia, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2017

Dear Marinusb2017,
thank you very much for sharing your experience with us with the Tripadvisor community!
It is always a pleasure to welcome you in our property!
Warm regards from all of us!