Hotel Spa Relais & Chateaux A Quinta da Auga
NH Collection Santiago de Compostela(Santiago de Compostela)
US$137
NH Hotels
Eurostars Araguaney(Santiago de Compostela)
US$101
  • Pool
US$66
AC Palacio del Carmen, Autograph Collection(Santiago de Compostela)
US$148
Autograph
Hotel Pazo de Altamira(Santiago de Compostela)
US$153
US$106
  • Restaurant
Hotel Compostela(Santiago de Compostela)
US$108
US$100
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
Tryp Santiago(Santiago de Compostela)(Great Value!)
US$82
  • Restaurant
Gran Hotel Los Abetos(Santiago de Compostela)
US$97
US$88
Parador Hostal Dos Reis Catolicos(Santiago de Compostela)
US$462
  • Restaurant
Hotel Gelmirez(Santiago de Compostela)
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewspaper factoryold millroom was beautifully appointedluxurious linenscountryside hotelturkish saunagarden settingexcellent winewifi worksdelightful place to staygreat bedwarm serviceevery guestcold cutssitting roommain restaurantloved this hotel
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We enjoyed very much our stay at Quinta da Auga over a long weekend. Santiago de Compostela is beautiful and the hotel is an extremely nice venue - good and very spacy rooms; a homely ambiance on the public areas including outside countryside zones; a good restaurant for when you want to stay instead of going out. A very important note: the staff goes out of their way to be of service and attentive to your requests. They always gave us good suggestions on places to eat out and visit. A place to stay! For us a place to return to!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank RuiAdOrey
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I was quite surprised by the extremely well done renovation of this old mill, just up from the river and with many small touches that make this hotel very unique. I booked and paid for my room in advance and got a really good deal on a very nice room. A word of caution, once paid for you cannot make any changes to the booking. I found that a little disheartening as I wanted to head to Madrid for an extra day and could not change my reservation without penalty. Unfortunately this took away from the overall experience for me.

If you do not have a car this hotel is situated about 7km from the center of the old town and can be a bit of an inconvenience getting to and from places and things to do in Santiago. Taxi fare is reasonable. Free parking is available at the hotel and is very secure and convenient.

The Restaurant is excellent but on weekends you NEED to make a reservation as it is very popular. There is a small pub attached to the restaurant where we ate the first night. They serve typical tapas fair and are open a little earlier than the restaurant and stay open until all guests are finished. They also serve in the great lounge area where you can sit in comfortable chairs by a big open fireplace. Breakfasts are fantastic and the staff very attentive.

The SPA experience is great. At first glance 28 EUR for access to the pool area seems excessive but we discovered that there is a lot more there than just a pool. There is a Turkish Bath, Suana, Cool Room with Ice, Esoteric Shower, hot and cold shower, the pool and this wonderful water area that contains a 10 point whirlpool experience that we found to be just wonderful. There is a hot tub and a standard whirlpool as well.

We really liked the grounds and went for several hikes along the river and explored the area around the hotel. Very beautiful grounds, well kept up and very nice for walking and poking around.

We found very little english speakers here but the staff could speak english and we had no issues getting around.

Overall I think this is an excellent hotel and a much better place to relax and chill out after a long day in town or as a pilgrim looking for some respite from the crowds and road. Value was excellent for the price and I think the SPA is very worthy of a visit.

Room Tip: We had a room on the 3rd floor but I hear that rooms on the bottom level have better access to grounds. On the fourth floor there is acozy little library like room for guests to use.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Kristof L
Reviewed 5 April 2014

A fantastic retreat where the owners and staff could not do more to make your stay more comfortable and enjoyable. A very short distance to all the wonders of historic Santiago old town and so secluded, peaceful and beautiful inside and out that you will not want to leave. Excellent food and service in the restaurant and bar and reception staff are so friendly and helpful - we have never experienced such a welcome. Recommended without hesitation for all visitors to Santiago. Thank you. Michael and Carole

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Carole097
Reviewed 7 January 2014

There are not enough superlatives to describe my stay at this hotel. I had the privilege of staying here at the end of my camino journey last fall. It was a more than perfect treat at the end of my 5 week trek. Everything about this property says luxury, but it is the understated and welcoming variety, and therefore more genuine. Attention to detail in every regard is clear. The rooms, both common and private, were perfectly appointed.The staff was the most welcoming, efficient and professional that I have encountered, and I travel quite a bit. PILGRIMS TAKE NOTE: I was wary about staying at such a high end property with my low end camino travel wardrobe and not much else. It didn't matter; I was warmly greeted and well cared for. Because of my schedule, I was not able to take advantage of the spa services, but I can only imagine that especially for pilgrims, they would be heaven-sent! The only drawback, again - especially for pilgrims - is that it is on the outskirts of town and must be reached by cab or car. Do not let that deter you, it is worth the slight cost for the 4 km or so trip. You will be so glad you did not miss this lovely oasis. Kudos to the entire team at A Quinta da Auga - you are true hospitality experts!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Javakwn
Reviewed 4 January 2014

This hotel is located in the outskirts of Santiago but only 4km by car from Praza de Obradoiro.  We spend three nights  in Santiago; 2 nights at Parador de los Reys Catolicos and 1 night at Quinta da Auga and we were very happy with that arrangement. The location of the Parador can not be beaten but it is a large and very busy hotel. Thus,  it is not the ideal place for relaxation. Quinta da  Auga is smaller, has an intimate atmosphere, spacious rooms nicely decorated, friendly staff and the best water circuit that a Spa could possibly have. If you visit Santiago, specially if you are a pilgrim, you definitely should spend  sometime at Quinta da Auga Spa and sleep at least one night at this luxury hotel. We did not eat at the restaurant but breakfast was delicious and the tapas at the café were tasteful. One minor complaint; the restaurant and the café were clearly understaffed during our stay , therefore service was a bit slow. It was the 1st of January and we were told by the manager that the chef had  sent most of the staff home so that they could spend the holiday with their family. Fair enough.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple