“A honeymoon to remember :-)”
Review of Hotel Congreso

Hotel Congreso
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 15 March 2013

My husband and I went to Santiago de Compostela for our honeymoon and stayed at Hotel Congreso for 3 days and 2 nights. It was a very long trip from Singapore, but I do say it was well worth it because we enjoyed our stay very much! Loved the interior design with its inviting soft ambiance, which put us at ease after a very long trip. Even with such comfortable and soothing surroundings, it wasn’t overshadowed by the modern facilities that were provided by the hotel. When we were shown our room, it was really spacious and comfortable with a slight taste of hominess to it. Everyone at the hotel was very helpful and courteous, as expected of a 4 star hotel. My only complain was the morning meal being served in the hotel’s restaurant, Oseira Buffet. It wasn’t really up to my expectations. We were looking forward for traditional Spanish breakfast but were disappointed to see the normal English breakfast like eggs and sausages. We made a complained about the matter but since we had our breakfast out from there on, we don’t know whether they have improved on their food after that.

Overall, my husband and I truly enjoyed our stay here and we highly recommend this hotel if you visit Santiago de Compostela!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 7 March 2013

First and foremost I love Spain. I used to go at least twice a year when I was younger but this time it seemed even better. Me and my girlfriend had decided to venture Spain again and had finally decided to head north-west. We chose Hotel Congreso as it was highly recommended by a Spanish friend of mine and the entire viewing looked marvellous and I wasn't wrong about that! When we arrived at the hotel straight away the service was warm very kind and informative. Maybe it was our friendly attitude but we were given an incredible view which made the holiday even better. If you wanted to venture into town, it would probably be more ideal to hop on a bus but the receptionist offered a verity of suitable options for nearby locations so you wouldn't have to worry so much about that. My girlfriend LOVED the swimming pool and we also saw some pets which were a little unusual but we did see a very cute dog! Overall I would have to say, for anyone looking for a small break this is the ideal place. It’s not in a very busy area which gives you some stress-free space and you would feel very comfortable with everyone’s friendly service. We couldn't more than happy with Hotel Congresso :-)

Room Tip: We chose a Standard Room but it seemed even better than most I've experienced!
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SteveBr0wn
Reviewed 3 March 2013

It was perfect for our family as we wanted to take the dog and they are a very dog friendly hotel, with plenty of beautiful space nearby to walk in too. A lovely quiet location yet not too far away from the beautiful city of Santiago de Compostela where we spent many great evenings, highly recommend the Dezaseis restaurant in the San Pedro region ;). The hotel was always a hive of activity yet due to the size of it you could always find a quiet corner somewhere to relax be that in the sauna, by the pool or in your room. We had a few problems navigating around the area by public transport (plan in advance to avoid getting lost!) but other than that it was all good!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank richardson27
Reviewed 25 February 2013

We flew into Santiago de Compostela in Spain with my family for our annual holiday, we had always wanted to go to Spain and this year we finally did it! I have to admit we did spend the first day and a half lounging around the pool, soaking in the sun and relaxing we also enjoyed strolling through the garden. On our second day after our leisurely sleep in (hey we were on holidays!) we then went off to explore the nearby sacred Art Museum what an amazing place had a meal near the Toural Square area, ohhh loved the fountain! Another day we spent the day shopping at El Corte Ingles and I still don't think we saw every single shop in there it was huge! We were certainly grateful for the pool on our return to just jump in and cool down and rest our tired feet from the day! We didn’t really know the area although I made sure to find as much information before we left for Spain but I shouldn’t have worried about all of that because the staff at our hotel were so friendly and gave us plenty of helpful advice that made our holiday an exciting one in a strange but an amazing place, we really did enjoy ourselves so much I really do think we have to return there again. The only downside to staying at this hotel was the fact that it was a little further away than I thought to activities in the town if we could just move it over a little bit it would be perfect!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 February 2013

Ok, so the superior rooms make you feel like a million bucks! It’s sort of being at home accept a whole lot better. I have never seen such a great bathroom; It doesn’t really have the feel of a hotel room. The beds decorations and just the whole room as a whole has a homey feeling. Sort of like a home away from home. Not to mention they have a great mini bar, free Wi-Fi and great people to help you with what you need. Room service is amazing, for all you get and the friendly and comfortable staff the prices are pretty amazing too. The food is pretty amazing too, very appealing to look at and very tasty. I love to swim and I was really glad they had a pool, but I think is could have been a bit bigger. I didn’t realize at first but they also have a garden area. One other thing too, is that I think their website could be layed out a bit better. It was a little challenging to find everything, but then again I’m not that great with a computer.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 February 2013

When I originally planned to have a destination wedding, I was not sure that I would be able to get everything that I wanted in. Booking with Hotel Congreso was the best decision because not only is it a lovely resort, they made my wedding absolutely gorgeous and I did not have to worry about the details at all.
They set up a nice private area for our guests to sit and enjoy this lovely day with us and we were able to fit all of our friends and family into the large banquet room they provide. The chef prepared a lovely dinner for our guests and us and I cannot express how grateful I am for all of the hard work the hotel put into making this a perfect day for my new husband and I.
We were originally in a superior room, but a few days before our wedding the hotel offered us a free upgrade to an executive room as a wedding gift.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 February 2013

I did enjoy staying at this hotel. There hotel all together was amazing. The rooms were luxurious and the staff was nicer than I imagined. The food was great though I was a bit disappointed on how the location made my travelling a bit harder than I intended it to be. Though for most other things especially how it only cost 67$ per night fitting the budget I wanted. I also must admit how I was in love with the free wifi cause I am a computer geek and hate having to pay for my own wifi so that is a plus. So I would tell anyone of my friends to visit!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo