“A wonderful trip with camino ways” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
7-Day Camino Frances Walking Tour from Sarria to Santiago
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Exciting, fun Camino de Santiago tours and activities in Santiago de Compostela. Join one of our day tours, relax, and let us take you on a journey of 1000 years along the Camino de Santiago, its history and myths. Our small groups are run by friendly professional local guides with perfect English. You can also explore the places independently with our special Discovery Pack that includes notes and maps, with stories, details of the art, history.
Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“A wonderful trip with camino ways”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

We did the 10 day self guided walking trip from Sarria to Santiago de Compostela with Camino Ways and couldn't be happier. They booked accommodation and organised luggage transfer and all we had to do was enjoy the walk. The luggage was always there waiting for us each day when we arrived. We had a mixture of hotels and country inns which we found gave us a great variety. All the accommodation was great particularly the country inns. Pazo de Ludeiro was extra special with 4 poster beds, chandeliers, open fire and wonderful home cooking. If you get the chance request it. Camino Ways were great in accommodating all our requests and supplying helpful information. I would not hesitate to recommend doing the Camino this way and through them.

Visited June 2014
6 Thank GypsyOz

Auckand New Zealand
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 71 helpful votes
“Very happy with the service they provided”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Right from the beginning from the initial inquiries, Camino Ways were very helpful,and all they all they said they would do they did without a hitch, hotel bookings. luggage transfers, track information etc

Plus all the friendly and professional staff that answer your emails, they all want to help you.

All the hotels were of excellent standard, clean and tidy, and offered a good pilgrim's breakfast.

Don't go there expecting 5 Star treatment, you are a Pilgrim you are on a journey, keep focused on what you are doing and what it is all about.

A couple of tips, don't attempt the Pyrenees unless you are fit, and make sure you have warm clothing, good rain coat, plus boots, it might be sunny down below, but up on those mountains the weather can change very quickly, as I found out, don't leave after 0800. it is a very big day and can get dark quickly.

Read the very clear directions you get from Camino Ways and follow the Yellow arrows, if the arrow is not there, ask someone, don't assume you are on the right path.

Enjoy the experience, this is not meant to be a cliché, but the Camino really is about the journey, and not the destination, you will meet wonderful people on the way, don't forget about the lovely locals, learn a few phrases in Spanish..

14 Thank ikaletahi
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Very well organized”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

I was very keen to have a Camino experience on my own, but nervous about the logistics. Camino Ways did a terrific job organizing my trip so that I had my solitary experience but with the security of knowing that I had very good organization and back-up in place. I was happy with all the places I stayed at and my luggage was there every day when I arrived at my destination. Can't wait to go back and try another way.

10 Thank Jolanta M
Echuca, Australia
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Camino Ways The Best Way To Walk The Camino”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

I cannot speak highly enough of Camino Ways. From the very 1st contact I made with them they were prompt efficient, pleasant and helpful. All the notes and documentation arrived as scheduled. Once we actually began to walk we never had one problem with our luggage transport. Every time we arrived at our accommodation our luggage was there waiting for us. We chose the upgrade to cottages and were very happy we did so for the extra little bit on money. It was lovely to be in a home with beautiful meals provided. Just added that little bit extra charm to the trip. All hosts were friendly and did everything they could to make our short overnight stays pleasant. If i was to walk again I would not consider any other company than Camino Ways

Visited June 2014
8 Thank Lynnola
Sacramento
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Great walking experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

There should be a better place to rate this company...they are not selling day tours in Santiago, but rather 6-35 day organized walks to get there. At any rate, I used Camino Ways for a trip in July, and found them EXCELLENT. It was an unguided walk with hotels, luggage transfer and some meals (breakfast incl, and an optional dinner package). We did 2 segments on the French (traditional) Way. The first St Jean-Pied-de-Port to Estella, I upgraded the hotels, and was quite pleased with the results. Meals were better as well, I suspect. Luggage transfer was perfect, also the transfer from Biarritz Airport to St Jean on Day 1. The other segment we did was from Sarria to Santiago (the final 115 kms. required to get your certificate). I did not upgrade these hotels, and would not if I were to return....they were quite adequate, several even pretty good. Again luggage transfer was seamless. We were provided with detailed trip notes for each walking day, which were quite helpful, though the Camino is generally well-signposted. Before our trip, my various e-mailed questions were answered rapidly and efficiently by Camino Ways staff.
A recommendation for those who cannot do the full Camino, but have a bit of extra time....there are some great sights in Pamplona, Burgos, Leon, Astorga, Ponferrada, and other places. You could rent a car, or do buses, or even a day taxi as we did, to connect your walking segments, and still see some cool stuff. Example, we hired a taxi to go from Leon to Sarria with 4-5 sightseeing stops. It cost 300 euros for the day (2 people), but I felt it was worth it.....and perhaps it could have been cheaper...we just talked to a taxi guy in Leon. I had been quoted 450 euros by a luggage transfer service, and happily accepted the 300 euro price. Not for everyone, but I felt that I saw more of what the Camino has to offer without having the time (or stamina) to walk three weeks or more. Buen Camino!!

7 Thank ViajeroCraig