“Tranquility and Perfection with Excellent Customer Care”
Review of Costa Vella Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Santiago de Compostela
Costa Vella Hotel
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I was recommended Hotel Costa Vella by a great friend of mine that studied in Santiago de Compostela when planning a trip there to meet up with friends. When I called from London to book a room, the only one available was the attic room, but instinct told me it would be perfect, but they still insisted on sending me a photograph. When I arrived one early morning, I was greeted like a long lost friend. Antonio should be incredibly proud of having such amazing loyal staff who have excellent customer service skills and go that extra mile to make you feel a part of one very big happy family. The garden is pure tranquility, full of beautiful flowers, trees and birds. The interiors are stylish and soothing on the eye and there is a variety of places to relax. The breakfast and almond cake are something else with delicious local wines.

If you are planning a trip to Santiago de Compostela, a stay at this hotel is a must, or if you are just passing through for the day, please take time to relax over a coffee, glass of something special and enjoy the magical moment to keep in your box of memories.

Thank you to all at Hotel Costa Vella,, you made my short trip there one I will treasure. Best wishes Dawn.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Dawn W
There are newer reviews for Costa Vella Hotel

Reviewed 3 July 2014

In the old part of town. Beautiful garden to have a relax drink with a friend. Great wine selection. Fresh air,butterflies,birds sounds,a fountain,flowers.
No music. No loud people. Just laid back and enjoy.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank K W
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Like many others we finished our Camino adventure and spent 2 days in Santiago at he gorgeous hotel. Many other reviewers have commented about their positives which I totally agree with--------the highlights of this place to me were the attitude of the staff, the garden and the location The people were fabulous--we met many, many wonderful staff all along the Camino but these people were the best. The welcomed us warmly, were very helpful with recommendations, and very attentive to our needs. I also noticed how nicely they treated everyone at the hotel. The garden is beyond words----incredibly charming and inviting and the location is fabulous. Right in the middle of everything--steps from the cathedral and all the must see sights--walking distance for everything.
I inquired of the manager why this lovely place had only 2 stars and he told me they did not have an elevator and they did not have a full service restaurant. Those 2 things are true--they have a terrific breakfast and lots of wonderful restaurants to visit in the area. We had to go up one flight of steps---not a problem at all.
This place is a MUST if you are in Santiago---even if you are not staying there go and have a drink in the garden--it is magical.
I LOVED this hotel.

Room Tip: We had one overlooking the garden which was delightful----
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank estelle s
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I can't say enough about Roberto and Antonio who run this hotel as well as two others down the same street. We have just returned from our second Camino de Santiago and had the good fortune to stay at this hotel again. We felt so cared for after our long walk. The breakfast is superb, the rooms are fine, and the outdoor garden in the back for socializing, just sitting and sipping is unparalleled. We had a few extra days before our return to the States and Roberto was gracious enough to arrange a trip to the Rias Bajas area for us. All we had to do was hop on the train, our hotel was booked, and we had suggestions of where to treat ourselves to delicious tapas. My only hesitation in writing this is that too many people will want to stay here and it will be more difficult to make a reservation!! I would stay here and visit Santiago even if I were not walking the Camino! They truly care about their clients and go out of their way to be helpful. Gracious people!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Last October 2013, my friends and I did our first Camino to Santiago de Compostella. Our travel guide recommended to end our pilgrimage in this charming boutique hotel. We were not disappointed. Service is excellent. When we needed information on directions, restaurants and items to buy, they gave excellent recommendations. It helped that they spoke English. My brother suffered from an allergic skin reaction. Upon their recommendation, we went to this hospital where it would not cost so much.
We always looked forward to our delicious breakfasts...artisan breads, jams, juice, and freshly brewed coffee plus their hot chocolate. My favorite part of the hotel was this small library that had a wonderful view of the city. It has also a cozy garden that comes alive during the mid-afternoons when guests can enjoy coffee and pastries.
The owners gave so much attention to details. The toiletries were not run-of-the-mill. Generous amount of Yves Rocher products. Free wifi. What more can we ask? Thank you Roberto and family!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

A small hotel in the centre of Santiago, recommended to us by friend Dennis Daley - thanx Dennis! Excellent location. Beautiful restful garden for relaxing in. Comfortable rooms. Great breakfast. And most importantly, the friendliest, kindest, most wonderful staff we have ever encountered in all our travels. We will be back!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We recently (May 2014) arrived at the Costa Vella, wet, dirty & absolutely exhausted, following the completion of our Camino walk.
We were met with a smiling, welcoming face & taken to our room - enormous, with extra sitting room, expansive views, beautifully furnished - a modern bathroom with beautiful hot shower - a bed into which we sank and floated.
We stayed for two days & wished it could have been longer.
A very central position but away from the noise & crowds around the Cathedral/tourist area (all about three minutes walk).
The breakfasts were quite special and plentiful.
Above all, it was the presence of the staff that "topped it off"; they were noticebly happy amongst themselves & pleasant to guests, always offering the extras, with nothing being a trouble to them. Consider yourself fortunate if one Antonio Linares is on desk duty when you are present. He is exceedingly efficient, courteous & helpful; he is also very knowlegeable about Santiago (ask him about the neighbouring monastry) and Spain, in general.

Room Tip: A room at the back, looking over the city and hills - preferably up a floor or two. Make sure that...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple