“Good price and good stay”
Review of MX Mexico PR

MX Mexico PR
Tucson, Arizona
“Good price and good stay”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I came in for 2 nights before leaving for Sarria to start the Camino Walk from there. This is a short walk from the airport bus stop and there is a lift to wisk you up to the 4th floor reception and rooms. English speaking desk, free Wi-Fi. in room safe were features I particularly liked plus a small supermarket right across the street and short walks to lots of cafe bars with outdoor seating. A nice walk to the Cathedral area too. I wish they would have had coffee service for in the morning or at least a hot kettle or a microwave so I could have made some without having to go out right away as I do like my coffee first thing, that's about the only thing I found lacking. There was a TV in the room but I didn't check it out. All in all, a very comfortable stay at a good price.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Not in the old town but an approx 10min walk to this part. Located in the newer city part but very close to shops, cafes and park. Also, very close to train station and airport bus stop which was handy for arrival/departure plus also a day trip to A Coruña by train. Nothing special but clean, spacious and secure, even though staff should probably ask for ID before giving room keys out.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I stayed here for two nights after completing the Camino Ingles.

Well, yes indeed, this is one of the best value places I have had the pleasure of staying at. A very comfortable room and bathroom for a mere 30 Euros.

On arrival, the receptionist was very friendly and spoke great English, the place was spotlessly clean and quiet and had a very cosy feeling. It's in a great location too, being slightly away from the noisy center part of town, but only a 15 minute walk there and to the cathedral for Mass and the amazing history of Santiago - what a place!

There is also a 24 hour convenience store right opposite the hotel and an excellent beer bar (The cerveceria international) nearby, with a huge range of beers from all over the world, including some craft ales from England and a host of Belgian Trappist beers. Oh, and Dominos pizza restaurant is just around the corner too!

A really great choice, this one!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Southwold, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 December 2013 via mobile

My friend and I stayed here for five days in December. We booked the room online which was a fast and simple process.

We decided to stay another night and the hotel was very accomodating and made the process quick and simple. They even let us have the room at the discounted internet price.

All the staff are helpful and very cheerful. The maids did a great job of the room, it was always sparkling clean!

The hotel is in a good location right next to Plaza Roja and there is a gym right next door that you can use!

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Harrogate, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 December 2013

I was very happy with my two-night stay at the Hostal Mexico PR. When you go for a short break, you didn't really need a fancy hotel with loads of facilities you're never going to use. All you really want is somewhere that feels safe and secure, is clean and comfortable - and doesn't cost you an arm and leg. And that's what the Mexico PR provides. The bedroom, with en suite bathroom, a large wardrobe and flat-screen television offered everything I required. Since the rooms have wooden floors I guess this might cause some noise problems when the hotel is very busy - but that wasn't an issue when I was there. During my stay, there were three or four different staff manning the reception area; all were very pleasant and helpful. The Old Town area is less than a ten-minute walk away and less than five minutes from the nearest stop for the airport bus. During my stay, the hotel wasn't offering breakfast - but I didn't find that a problem. There are several cafes and coffeeshops within two or three minutes' walk. I thought the hotel was good value and would happily recommend it as somewhere to stay for 2 or 3 nights.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Saskatchewan, Canada
Reviewed 6 November 2013

The MX Mexico PR was a great place to stay while we were in Santiago, Spain. It was just outside the Old Town, but was very reasonably priced. We were a group of three and and shared a triple room, which was very spacious and comfortable. The private very large patio was great for drying clothes although we didn't have much time to spend enjoying it just sitting.
The front desk staff was excellent, helpful, called cabs for us. I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: We were in a triple room, two different times. Both visits were equally good. We were on the 7th fl...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I stayed at Mexico PR for two nights, after completing my El Camino de Santiago walk. The staff was very accomodating (allowing me to check in a bit early). The room was comfortable and
clean. I loved having a real bath tub to soak my sore body in. I also appreciated having WiFi
internet in my room, and having a computer down in the lobby which allowed me to print my
boarding pass (a requirement if flying el-cheapo RyanAir) - and there was no charge for this.
I thought the location was great - with restaurants & shopping right out the front door, and it
was a pleasant walk to the old city (cathedral) and also nearby was the park and the
university. The location also was an easy walk (5 mins) to the bus stop for an airport shuttle,
which only cost 3 euros. I definitely recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo