“Delicious”

O Dezaseis SL.
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 15 December 2013

We went to Dezaseis following a recommendation - we're delighted that we went there and that we were able to get a table without making a reservation (if you're in the same boat, make sure you're there as soon as it opens at 8:30pm). A wonderful atmosphere and a great place to people watch as the restaurant was almost full within a few minutes of opening, mainly with people who had just finished the Camino. We were in absolutely no rush to eat but 2 waiters did apologize for making us wait 15 minutes for our main meal; I have a feeling that they were under a great deal of pressure to serve the rather hungry groups of people there at the beginning of the evening quickly; as soon as the later crowd arrived service was far more relaxed and made the evening even more enjoyable (although at no point did we feel rushed or made to feel that we had to give up our table). My steak was cooked to absolute perfection; I had been told that the portions were enormous, so am really very pleased that I didn't have a starter as I couldn't have managed both; mind you, there was dessert to be had! Highly recommended, excellent value for money and I would most certainly go back again if I was in Santiago de Compostela.

1  Thank AKBHCambridge
Write a ReviewReviews (1,495)

Reviewed 22 November 2013

Sure, it's all the factors that make a an unforgettable dining experience: people you're with, occasion you're celebrating, atmosphere, etc. But there's something that this place has that as soon as you go in, you know you're in for a great time.
The best thing on the menu: broiled octopuss. You will not have it like this anywhere else. I love Santiago and this restaurants is one of the reasons I do.
I definitely recommend this place. Wonderfully prepared food and a fantastic atmosphere!

Reviewed 9 November 2013

Yes the food is that good, that people are lined up to get it. My husband and I read about this place from two different reviews and came up with the same conclusion, (lets eat there). This is a little walk away form the main sq., but it's fun to venture a little, (well worth it).
For me this was romantic, with atmosphere , and great food, form their salads, down to there fish selection, (there is a glass window between the dinning room and the kitchen, so you can take a peek into were all the good stuff starts form).
I defiantly would recommend this Spanish restaurant....

Reviewed 25 October 2013

I loved this place - homey, warm, delicious and not pricey. A true find and the best pulpo of my life. DELICIOUS! Perfect for a group or a solo traveler looking for an authentic experience.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

visited this restaurant after reading about it on trip advisor and we were not disappointed. Did not book this as we had only arrived in Santiago that day we had no problem getting a table as we arrived shortly after they opened at 8.30pm. We decided not to have starters and went for the shoulder of lamb and the duck. Wow we were not disappointed the duck was plentiful 2 legs cooked to perfection the meat fell off the bone and was really moist and full of flavour. The lamb was equally as good but not as plentiful. Both dishes came with either potatoes or chips. We decided to share a dessert which was chestnuts and as we had not tried them before we were surprised how good they tasted. We had a bottle of Albarino wine, 1 beer, a litre of water and some bread this superb meal came to €50.20 what a bargain.