“Great View & Windows!”

Hotel Bahia de Vigo
Ranked #22 of 44 Hotels in Vigo
Reviewed 11 June 2014

The view of the Vigo bay is completely unobstructed from the front facing rooms of this hotel, and the windows open horizontally, so you can get plenty of sea breeze and fresh air (and maybe let a little smoke out into the night air). Yes, the rooms are outdated and cheesy, but not they're not dirty - which is what matters far more to me.

Room Tip: Outdated/semi-ugly style in rooms, but certainly clean - and still worth it for the view!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ian M

Reviewed 9 May 2014

I was in this hotel, for a holiday, i was here for 5 days, and in my opinion this hotel is one of the best, because this hotel have all things you want, and the position is great with nice views. I recomand this hotel for all who loves a nice hotel with all things, with a great staff, with nice views, and more others. I will come back here when i need a very good hotel. Congratulations for this hotel!

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Andrei164
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Stayed here on business for one night. We had a great view from the hotel of the harbour. It was clean and tidy. The bed and furniture comfortable. I wouldn't go as far as saying it was a four star hotel. The wifi worked well and the location is superb for seeing Vigo.

It was very noisy though but you get that with old hotels.

They have underground parking but very expensive at 12euro a night.

Room Tip: get a room with a view. on the harbour side.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Stayed here for a night business trip and came away from with mixed feelings about using again. The check in was rather slow - OK, I can't be too critical of the guy on reception not speaking English because I don't speak Spanish, but even with the language issues it wasn't fast.

The room was comfortable, being a rear facing room, there was no view to speak of but everything appeared dated, I'm sure in it's day - about 30 years ago this was superbly fashionable but everything just looks tired now and not particularly memorable.

On the plus side, the internet access is fast and easy and the large reception was quiet and the perfect place to sit and talk business. The location is good, right next to a shopping mall and perfectly situated for an evening stroll along the waterfront.

Breakfast was what only could be described as adequate.

In summary, I'd look for somewhere else when in Vigo again but if this were the only hotel left then I wouldn't be mind too much.

Room Tip: Get a room overlooking the harbour.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank pjmoorhouse
Reviewed 30 September 2013 via mobile

This hotel is very nice and I stayed in a water view room which was definitely worth the extra €10. Coming from staying in the US recently the Hotel staff could be more helpful, but nothing terrible. My main gripe is the echoing corridors which you hear clearly in your room, and getting woken up by my neighbour's shower.

Other sloppy errors: no DND tag in my rooms which meant the cleaning lady woke me up. The hairdryer in my room was broken.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Sean P
Reviewed 24 July 2013

It's O.K. A/C doesn't work. Miraculously it works perfectly in reception. Some rooms with 42" TV's some with small portable TV's. Surly reception staff. Nice food in bar next door. But drinks are expensive.

Room Tip: Front facing room.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 June 2013

I needed a comfortable but affordable hotel for 10 days for both myself and a business colleague who required a separate room. I tried the AC a few doors down but it was a disaster.

This hotel had what I needed for business -- a large and comfortable room with a bathroom large enough to move in (unlike the AC). It also had large windows that let a lot of light in, so that I didn't feel that I was in a jail cell, as I did in the other hotel.

I was quite pleased with it, overall. However, having said that, there are enough drawbacks that if you're on vacation and staying only a few days, this might not be the right place.

First of all, for some reason, the television had no English channels. Don't know why. The beds were a bit hard, but not terrible. And you'll want to stay on the top floor, if possible, in order to minimize noise from the public square. Breakfasts were not great and room service was a bit odd. We could order coffee in the room in the morning if the staff had the time to bring it up. If they felt too busy, they told us we had to come down. The ham and cheese sandwich was certainly not the best I'd had, but at least the staff was usually willing to provide it. One night I ordered as a desert bread and cheese and quince jelly. Never had quince jelly before. I loved it, so decided to order that instead of ham and cheese on another night. The staff told me I couldn't have it! It wasn't the right time to order bread and cheese and quince jelly, but I could have the ham and cheese if I wanted it.

I was a bit disappointed, because I had stayed in another Bahia hotel elsewhere in Spain and been delighted with it. However, the town is not wealthy and there just may not be much in the way of customers who can afford upgraded amenities.

I would stay here again, though, as overall it was pretty much what was needed.

Room Tip: choose the top floor and take advantage of the great harbor view.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business