“Awfull staff”

Ranked #8 of 44 Hotels in Vigo
Arcos de Valdevez, Portugal
“Awfull staff”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

In 2012 in a night over the weekend at last minute, me andmy girlfriend needed a room to spent the night and went to Zenith hotel at Vigo, because by that time we had some trust in this hotel by staying in other Zenith hotels in Spain. The female recepcionist with a very strong atitude of discrimination looked at us and refused us a room redirecting us to a cheap hotel, thinking we were looking for a f... and not to sleep. For the price and the awfull atitude of staff i can only recommend one thin...run, run from this place. Thanks to them we found a great hotel not too far from there.

Room Tip: Inffinit hotel a few blocks way.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Jorge M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 February 2014

The hotel was nice, rooms very small, great location. However, i did not anticipate being physically threatened by another guest and then thrown out of the hotel on the basis that he was Spanish and we were English, the reception staff took no time to hear what we had to say. If they took the time to review the CCTV they would see us waiting to take the lift when a very angry Spanish man left his room, screamed in my face, followed us into the lift, proceeded to scream in my face (in Spanish) and then threaten to hit my with his slipper. I can only assume he was upset at the noise some other guests were making in the hotel, however, we did not pay good money to be treated in a completly unfair and quite frankly biased fashion. Overall, we are very disappointed with the service received from the hotel. We appreciate the staff spoke NO English, but they made no effort to even try to establish what was going on. (I am a female...threatened to be slapped with a slipper!!!) I would not go back to this hotel!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Amanda J
Truro, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 July 2013

I had a double room to myself, so the room was adequate for me but if my husband and I had had to share it would have been very small. Also the glass door to the bathroom did not bother me as I was alone but would not have wanted to share with anyone because of this. The shower is the best I have had in a hotel though but the washbasin, although stylish, was designed not to hold water, which was very wasteful as to wash your face you needed to keep the tap running. The breakfast was good - especially as I had had a run of bad breakfasts in Italian hotels. Also the restaurant was the best value in town. The staff were very friendly and helpful and I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Helene Christin... P
Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed 16 December 2012

Very well located, in one of the main roads in Vigo. You can walk to the city center and easily move around in car as you are close to Gran Via.
The hotel does not have a car park, but there's one public park just across the road.

Staff in the hotel is very friendly and helpful - you can count with them to lend you an umbrella or if you forgot your phone charger :)

The rooms are modern and clean. Some rooms are really big, my room (second floor) was OK, but not extremely big.

Breakfast is OK, with a fair amount of variety.

As a summary, a good place to stay in the city when you needed to move around easily and like to walk to the city center.

Room Tip: Choose the top floors (8th). They are bigger and quieter (in the 2nd floor you can ear the street no...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 November 2012

We stayed in room 611 for one night while in Vigo, having stayed in other Zenit hotels in the past we were really disappointed with this one.

Firstly the room we were placed in was very badly designed. The bathroom door was translucent glass, I've stayed in hotels with these types of doors before but they have always been around the corner from the bed area. This bathroom door was at the end of the bed with a tv screwed to the wall beside it, with the toilet right on the other side of the door. While I'm well aware of what my beloved is doing when he slopes off to the bathroom with the ipad I don't need to see his blurry outline in my periphery vision while he does it...

The bathroom set up was also a bit odd with the bathroom having just a walk in shower and toilet while the sink was outside in the main room. I didn't mind this at all until the middle of the night when I needed to use the bathroom and when I turned the bathroom light on it also turned a spotlight over the sink on - lighting up the whole room and waking up my other half. Extremely badly thought out.

Before going out for dinner we decided to go for a drink in the bar - which we couldn't find. There is a cafeteria on the fist floor and a restaurant on the second. The restaurant had no sign of life and the doors were locked, when we went down to the cafeteria there was a small bar but nobody there to serve anything. The heat was also unbelievable, we stayed for 10 minutes while we googled somewhere to eat during which nobody turned up to serve drinks and the heat became completely unbearable, the heating must have been broken as it was like sitting in a sauna.

On minor plus points the shower in the hotel was excellent, the place had been newly renovated and had a great waterfall shower. Just a pity about the room layout. The hotel also offers free wifi which worked excellently.

Would I return? No.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank babsontour
London
Reviewed 21 August 2012

Booked the hotel for 3 nights, I was very surprised by the look of the hotel compared to their low prices. Staff was friendly and very helpful. Because of rainy weather we decided to leave 1 day before and they cancelled the last night without any problem and refund us. Very close to restaurants and a 5 min walking to the sea and the port where you can take boats to Isla Cies. Very good experience.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Filippo P
Porto, Portugal
Reviewed 16 August 2012

Comfortable hotel with nice rooms right on the commercial district of Vigo. The staff is polite, friendly and always ready to help you with a smile on. The problem is that they are too short to handle all the service. When we arrived there was a queue at the reception because the only person there wasn't able to handle so many people trying to check-in, besides that there was no rooms ready for the people who were arriving as the cleaning services were delayed. Then again on the breakfast, people were in queue waiting for a table, as the free ones were still not clean, and there was a moment when the buffet was almost empty of food because there was no refilling as they were cleaning tables... it probably only happens when the hotel is crowded, but they must be prepared for that.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple